FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1356263-all-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-offers-consolidated.html)

wiseguy Jun 26, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm a Lifetime Marriott Platinum. Just got the Ritz Chase card today, called the Chase rep and confirmed the terms of the bonus, 70K with first purchase and the fee waived the first year.

When the 70K hits my account, I will post.

philemer Jun 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by wiseguy (Post 18826801)
I'm a Lifetime Marriott Platinum. Just got the Ritz Chase card today, called the Chase rep and confirmed the terms of the bonus, 70K with first purchase and the fee waived the first year.

When the 70K hits my account, I will post.

But, have you ever had one of the Chase Marriott cards? If not you will get he 70K, usually after your first stmt. closes.

floyd777 Jun 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Has anyone tried to do a application for both Marriot 70K and the Ritz Carlton 70K at the same time? I am thinking of doing that and if both get approved it's a possible 140K Marriot points which would be quite nice.

wiseguy Jun 27, 2012 6:58 am

Yes, I've had one for at least 15 years....before they gave a bonus. Time will tell, but Chase says I'm getting the bonus.

Happy Jun 27, 2012 8:52 am

Originally Posted by wiseguy (Post 18828700)
Yes, I've had one for at least 15 years....before they gave a bonus. Time will tell, but Chase says I'm getting the bonus.

If you have not gotten any sign up bonus on your old MR card, you are ENTITLED to receive the bonus on either this card or even another MR card. Chase is very good in giving bonus where it is "legitimately" due. It even gives the differential between old bonus and new bonus when it initially denied a bonus. Happened to husband's CO OnePass cards.

Happy Jun 27, 2012 8:56 am

Originally Posted by saacman5033 (Post 18820714)
I'll take your word for it as I have not seen points denied for cases as i described earlier. Taking a look again in light of this statement, we see that these T&Cs don't specifically preclude previous or current owners of the Marriott PREMIER card from getting the bonus. Thus, I'll go ahead and apply for the sake of the group and report back.

Thank You! We all look forward for data points on this front.

We know the current BA card offer that is only from the process of purchasing a BA ticket, does produce bonus for former BA card holders who have had the old 100K in 2009 and even early 2010. Though all reported success cases have their old BA cards canceled in 2010 or early 2011, i.e. nobody paid the 2nd year fee and went ahead to cancel it because previous BA cards did not have 1st year fee waived either.

romadaro Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Kat007 (Post 18820611)
Don`t know what`s going on with Chase. Got approved on 6/21, then called today and they said it was closed because the mother`s maiden name doesn`t match in their system. Then I called another line, they said the account is fine. Then called again to speed up the lounge card, and again-"the account has beet closed, we tried to call you", nobody did. So how did they messed up my mother`s maiden name-have no idea, but I`m on the phone again trying to find out...So far, I`ve been pretty happy with Chase (sometimes too happy), but not so today.

After a long wait on the phone, a manager could not find the reason why an adviser decided to close my account, but promised to call me after he finds out. This Ritz Carlton card has been a nightmare so far.

I learned a long time ago to let sleeping dogs lie when it comes to these things, particularly when it involves airline and hotel promotions. I've made calls on two occasions that I can remember, one involving Chase, where I was approved for a card, got the promotional points and then the call attracted someone's attention and the points were reversed and I got a nice letter afterward acknowledging the error. Unfortunately, in the Chase instance there wasn't much I could have done because it occurred when I called to activate the card-not to complain or question something. I always hope that I'll get an automated activation response when I call, but it's almost as if Chase directs the call to a human being so that they can take a look at the account and make sure that everything's in order.

But, as far as the Lounge Club card goes, unless you do a lot of international travel, the card is almost useless. My wife and I both have cards that are courtesy memberships through Merrill Lynch and I've used it once this year-at the Alaska Airlines Club in Seattle. Although I've flown internationally, since I'm Star Alliance Gold with United I get free access into any Star Gold lounge, which is usually more convenient. Just take a lok at their website for a list of lounges and I think you'll be disappointed at the locations.

Kat007 Jun 27, 2012 10:32 am

Originally Posted by romadaro (Post 18829930)
I learned a long time ago to let sleeping dogs lie when it comes to these things, particularly when it involves airline and hotel promotions. I've made calls on two occasions that I can remember, one involving Chase, where I was approved for a card, got the promotional points and then the call attracted someone's attention and the points were reversed and I got a nice letter afterward acknowledging the error. Unfortunately, in the Chase instance there wasn't much I could have done because it occurred when I called to activate the card-not to complain or question something. I always hope that I'll get an automated activation response when I call, but it's almost as if Chase directs the call to a human being so that they can take a look at the account and make sure that everything's in order.

But, as far as the Lounge Club card goes, unless you do a lot of international travel, the card is almost useless. My wife and I both have cards that are courtesy memberships through Merrill Lynch and I've used it once this year-at the Alaska Airlines Club in Seattle. Although I've flown internationally, since I'm Star Alliance Gold with United I get free access into any Star Gold lounge, which is usually more convenient. Just take a lok at their website for a list of lounges and I think you'll be disappointed at the locations.

The lounge list has two airports I need, but again, I look positively: with a long layover, it`s a chance to get out of an airport and explore something.

Got a call this morning from one of the people who promised to call within 48 hours with the result, but he just put me through some other (security or fraud) guy who said "sorry, I don`t have any details" So that guy (a manager of some sort) though he completed the obligation by sending me to another one with "don`t know" answer.
I`m about to give up.

saacman5033 Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18829442)
Thank You! We all look forward for data points on this front.

Well I applied yesterday. No instant approval but I don't usually get instant approvals from Chase. I'll give it a few days to pop up in my online acct before calling recon line.

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18829442)
We know the current BA card offer that is only from the process of purchasing a BA ticket, does produce bonus for former BA card holders who have had the old 100K in 2009 and even early 2010. Though all reported success cases have their old BA cards canceled in 2010 or early 2011, i.e. nobody paid the 2nd year fee and went ahead to cancel it because previous BA cards did not have 1st year fee waived either.

I know some have speculated that this may be due to BAs switch to Avios(ie new product) but Chase hasn't really changed their card other than the chip so I think this speaks more to the 'churnability' of Chase cards after a certain period

Happy Jun 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by saacman5033 (Post 18830160)
I know some have speculated that this may be due to BAs switch to Avios(ie new product) but Chase hasn't really changed their card other than the chip so I think this speaks more to the 'churnability' of Chase cards after a certain period

I would not come to such conclusion unless Chase has policy change recently. Someone told me last year when he was denied a bonus from the UA card which his last one was canceled over 2 years ago, he inquired about why he did not get it. He got a response from Chase to list out all the bonuses he had gotten in the past - as far back as to 2006! And of course told him that was the reason why he would not get any now.

The only times I saw Chase would award bonus anew would be a New Product, especially when they even renamed the product from the past offerings.

floyd777 Jun 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Hey everyone,

I just applied for three credit cards in a mini churn - the Ritz Carlton from this thread, the Marriot 70K from another thread and the Citi AA Amex Card.

I did RC and Marriot at the same time

Unfortunately I got the message "Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before we make a decision" for both RC and Marriot.

I got approved for the Citi AA Amex for the 50K miles with 3K spend in 4 month spend.

Should I call the reconsider line or just wait to see what Chase does? The most recent Chase card was about 3 months back which was an Ink Bold card.

Both the applications didn't give any number to call.

What a bummer!!

Kat007 Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by floyd777 (Post 18833961)

Unfortunately I got the message "Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before we make a decision" for both RC and Marriot.

I got approved for the Citi AA Amex for the 50K miles with 3K spend in 4 month spend.

Should I call the reconsider line or just wait to see what Chase does? The most recent Chase card was about 3 months back which was an Ink Bold card.

Both the applications didn't give any number to call.

What a bummer!!

It doesn`t mean you were declined, AmEx usually approves you right away, but Chase normally has that message. It could be because of a time of a day/weekend. It never hurt to check a status of application. You can do it either by dialing any Chase card number you have; the systems asks you for last four digits of the account or after a silent two second asks if you want to check a status of your application or report a fraud. So you can find out that way, or call that back office number for a faster result.

romadaro Jun 28, 2012 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Kat007 (Post 18830066)
The lounge list has two airports I need, but again, I look positively: with a long layover, it`s a chance to get out of an airport and explore something.

Got a call this morning from one of the people who promised to call within 48 hours with the result, but he just put me through some other (security or fraud) guy who said "sorry, I don`t have any details" So that guy (a manager of some sort) though he completed the obligation by sending me to another one with "don`t know" answer.
I`m about to give up.

OK, now my Ritz Carlton Rewards account has reverted back to "Member" instead of GOLD status, so I called the RC Rewards customer service number (I hesitated to call Chase) and explained what had happened and she saw the changes, put me on hold and called Chase. When she came back she said that I had been initially approved for the credit card but the decision was changed because I responded to an offer that was only open to Ritz Carlton Residence owners. She told me I'd get a letter or email soon. So, even though the account may get initially approved through the normal channels they are checking on the back end to make sure you're a RC owner before they send the card. That is not to say that some before us haven't slipped through, but as luck would have it now they're doing their homework. I would assume that your account was probably closed for the same reason. Hopefully, end of mystery. :(

UserMark Jun 28, 2012 7:05 am

In the space on the application for the "Ritz-Carlton Rewards Number", do you just put your current Marriott number?

romadaro Jun 28, 2012 7:18 am

Originally Posted by UserMark (Post 18835429)
In the space on the application for the "Ritz-Carlton Rewards Number", do you just put your current Marriott number?

You can or if you leave it blank they will assign a new RC Rewards number. I have separate numbers for Marriott and RC but the points can still be used in either program.