FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1282804-ihg-rewards-visa-mc-currently-60k-possibly-80k-pts.html)

beltway Dec 1, 2011 6:39 am

Originally Posted by joyful1 (Post 17546023)
Which link in this thread do I click for the 80K?...I see a few posted

Edit: I applied using the first link...and got instant approval...you have to click the "Legal Disclosure" button to proceed...it states, "You must read the Legal Disclosures, which contain the Terms and Conditions, before you submit the application."

As previously noted in post #27 & 28.

joyful1 Dec 1, 2011 7:43 am

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 17546157)
As previously noted in post #27 & 28.

Thank you :confused:...I was answering ddfr's question above my post

BarbiJKM Dec 1, 2011 8:51 am

Originally Posted by sun_aa (Post 17501858)
What we need is for someone who got the card within the last 3 months for 60k points to try bumping the bonus via secure message using the source code in the link. I was shown the 80k link and have had the card for over a year. So I can't help here.

I did this yesterday, after asking for the 80K bump by phone when calling to activate my 60K card (received 2 days ago), but they denied the bump and said the links were not good for an 80K untargeted application. Sent a secure message that included the links in the OP to the 80K application, AND the source code, and received an acknowledgement stating they needed 3-5 day reply time. I'll post whatever response I receive.

SnoopDaddy Dec 1, 2011 9:33 am

the bump

for those of you that have applied for the 60k offer within 90 days, you may want to give getting the bump another shot.

i recall someone with the handle rst? who tried and got shot down upthread.

i just received an e mail back from chase support saying they'll add the 20k points to my account during the next statement. i submitted my request at around the 88 day mark, so it really cut it close but chase came through on the request. well worth the time.

good luck

MDtR-Chicago Dec 1, 2011 10:33 am

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM (Post 17546849)
Sent a secure message that included the links in the OP to the 80K application, AND the source code, and received an acknowledgement stating they needed 3-5 day reply time. I'll post whatever response I receive.

*sigh*... So who wants to take bets: BarbiJKM gets the bump or suddenly, "mysteriously", the link stops working for everyone else?

Originally Posted by kdoughboy (Post 17542354)
As for my girlfriend, both of her apps (same two cards) are still in review. What would you guys suggest she do? Is it inadvisable to call and request approval for two cards at once, or should she try to get one approved first before attempting the second one?

Tough situation. I'd be tempted to wait until 2-3 weeks have passed... There's a chance one could eventually be approved, then you only have one to reconsider. But I can see the other side of the argument; call now before a decision is made and you can influence the decision. Note that if you call for one app, they will almost certainly see the other one and want to deal with both at once. Let us know what ends up happening.

sun_aa Dec 1, 2011 10:49 am

Originally Posted by kdoughboy (Post 17542354)
I applied three days ago, so I'll try giving them a call tonight if I can find the time. I hope me not having any bargaining chips isn't a problem.

As for my girlfriend, both of her apps (same two cards) are still in review. What would you guys suggest she do? Is it inadvisable to call and request approval for two cards at once, or should she try to get one approved first before attempting the second one?

Just to be safe, I would try getting one card approved first.

sun_aa Dec 1, 2011 10:53 am

Originally Posted by USAFAN (Post 17542375)
sun_aa: THANKS A LOT FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!@:-)

I applied for Mrs. USAFAN and got the OK (for the 80,000 points) in seconds!

I got the 60,000 a month ago. You mentioned "....try bumping the bonus via secure message using the source code in the link ...." What exactly should I do?

Regarding the platinum status: I had already 30,000 points and got the 60,000 points = 90,000 points. BUT DID NOT GET PLATINUM. Emailed Priority. They answered that I would need another 671 points. I purchased 1,000 points and got platinum!?!
Text of the email: "....Please allow us this opportunity to inform you that in order for you to reach Platinum status, you have to accumulate at least 50 qualifying nights or earn 60,000 points in a calendar year. Our records show that you already earned 59,329 points from 01 Jan 2011 to present. As such, you only need to earn 671 points on or before 31 Dec 2011 to qualify for the Platinum status....."

Send a secure message with the application links in the 1st post. Calling doesn't seem to be working and I think this is because the customer service dept doesn't know what the marketing dept is doing. When you send a SM it gets forwarded to the marketing dept and you get the bump.

I am surprised that you didn't get platinum status immediately. AFAIK, all points count towards status. Did you earn 59,329 points apart from the 60k points from the card?

andaman C Dec 1, 2011 10:55 am

Just applied to the original link and was instantly approved... even though I already have 2 Chase cards. Crossing my fingers that I get the 80K.

sun_aa Dec 1, 2011 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post 17547571)
*sigh*... So who wants to take bets: BarbiJKM gets the bump or suddenly, "mysteriously", the link stops working for everyone else?

For the link to stop working, PC needs to recode their visa video promo. There was some flag in the terms which said this offer was expiring sometime in August 2012. But it might end sooner because it has gone public.

BarbiJKM Dec 1, 2011 11:10 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post 17547571)

So how would you suggest that one gets the bump WITHOUT mentioning the source code or providing the link? Several people have posted success in first-time application through the link, so apparently it's now untargeted. Are you suggesting that I gave away some "secret" through secure messaging?

MDtR-Chicago Dec 1, 2011 11:36 am

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM (Post 17547796)
So how would you suggest that one gets the bump WITHOUT mentioning the source code or providing the link? Several people have posted success in first-time application through the link, so apparently it's now untargeted. Are you suggesting that I gave away some "secret" through secure messaging?

When the Marriott 70k offer was first available, there were dozens of people who got the bump by simply sending a message (not calling - which is key) and asking politely, noting "a friend" had received the offer.

Because it was a public offer, there was no problem.

This 80k offer sounds more like an accidentally-public offer. So one potential result is that Chase "notices" its error and corrects it.

My personal opinion, since you did ask, is it was quite valid for you to send the message you did. However, you did apply under the 60k offer, which was fine with you at the time. So... you could have simply sent a generic message and took your chances, knowing there's no particular entitlement to a bump and not directing any additional attention to the link.

Guess it sounds too much like people who call up a hotel when it posts an error rate so they can have a clerk make a note about an upgrade or something. But who really knows. Maybe it really is a public offer. Maybe Chase is a monolithic bureaucracy that doesn't care anyway. Maybe I'm making too much of it.

spellbound2 Dec 1, 2011 1:40 pm

approved!

I just applied and was approved for the 80k link- hoping it works! Wouldn't you know that I received an invitation code that was mailed to me for 2 free SW flights after 1st purchase immediately following my approval... how long do I need to wait to apply for this as well? thanks.

BarbiJKM Dec 1, 2011 2:24 pm

I think I may have found the genesis of the first link to the 80K offer in the OP which redirects to an application page in the second link.

In the IC Master Promo Thread, there are mentions of a promo with individual codes issued by hotels during stays that enable one to access a video whereby a member receives 1000 points for viewing the video, and then an invitation to the 80K offer at the end of the video. See https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/?c...anity_visa1000

If you have the code and can see the video, clicking on the invitation link at the end of the video will take you to the exact same links listed in the OP, and to the same application for the 80K offer. Check out post # 156 in the IC Master Promo Thread.

I found an individual code posted in the IC Master Promo Thread by a member who did not use it, and it worked for me -- took me to the video, and then the 80K offer popped up with my NAME and account balance on it, and a link redirecting to the same application page (and legal disclosures, with the additional coding) as everyone is using here.

It is also reported in the IC Master Promo Thread that the individual codes to gain access to the video (and thus receive the 80K offer) can only be used one time; all I know is that the code I used worked for me! And I've taken screen shots all along the way... Apparently folks who get more than one code from multiple stays and can only use one code for the promo are sharing the unused individual codes in the discussion thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...2011-a-75.html

If anyone thinks this post is "spilling the beans" in some improper way, PM me and I'll consider editing out anything objectionable... But I'm thinking this info may help those using the application page from the OP in case they are later questioned about the source of the 80K offer, and it would certainly help to have a code and a screen shot to validate your bump request!

USAFAN Dec 1, 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa (Post 17547687)
Send a secure message with the application links in the 1st post. Calling doesn't seem to be working and I think this is because the customer service dept doesn't know what the marketing dept is doing. When you send a SM it gets forwarded to the marketing dept and you get the bump.

I am surprised that you didn't get platinum status immediately. AFAIK, all points count towards status. Did you earn 59,329 points apart from the 60k points from the card?

Thanks ... I will send Chase an email ....

No, I did NOT earn any points in 2011 - only the 60,000 points!

nanirina Dec 1, 2011 3:58 pm

Applied for the card, then went through reconsideration to close my continental card, and then got this card approved. Hopefully the 80k points will post no problem! Would like to have the platinum status for upcoming stay in Dec.