FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1282804-ihg-rewards-visa-mc-currently-60k-possibly-80k-pts.html)

sun_aa Nov 21, 2011 5:39 am

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

[Update: $1000 spend now required. Seen on PC website & personal reports in this thread.]

I know Chase has been targeting people with 80k points offers and there has been a public 60k points offer since the crack the case promotion. I created this thread because I think I found a link for what might be the non-targeted

80k offer Dead

which redirects to

Application Page Dead

The application page doesn't say anything about 80,000 points. The link is what I got after watching the visa promo video.

• 80,000 bonus points after first use.
  • Free night every year at any of our hotels. (You need to call 1-877-318-5890 after your anniversary date to redeem it)
  • 5 points per $ spent at our hotels
  • 2 points per $ spent on gas,groceries and dining
  • 1 point per $ on everything else
  • 10% points rebate on any redemptions. (These post automatically after the statement date)
  • No fee 1st year, then $49.
  • No foreign transaction fees.

If you are thinking of applying for the PC card it might not hurt to try using this link. In case, this is a targeted offer you can always ask for Chase to match the public 60k offer: Landing page and Application page

Edit to add: Read posts 62 & 72. Two have applied and received confirmations that they would get 80k.

You can send a secure message to bump the bonus if you got the card within the last 3 months. Sending a secure message with the links works better than calling. This was my experience with bumping the CO card bonus too. Read post 79 for a confirmation of bonus bump.

As pointed out in post 27, you must click the legal disclosures button before you can submit the application.

Make the first purchase during a statement cycle which ends on/after 1/1/2012 and get platinum status until 31/12/2013.

canesfan Nov 21, 2011 6:38 am

Thanks for the links. I was planning on getting my wife a card in the next month to take advantage of 60K points and pretty much Platinum status for 2 years as she would 1st use it in January so might use the link if she doesn't get a targeted offer within the next month.

The free night a year definitely pays for the annual fee of $49 (waived 1st year)

pattayatiger Nov 21, 2011 6:53 am

I think this is the standard 60K offer.

The 80K offer has always been targeted.

Emailed priority club and asked about 80k offer and they gave me a link to 60K offer.

jonny1 Nov 21, 2011 6:56 am

Originally Posted by pattayatiger (Post 17490219)

Emailed priority club and asked about 80k offer and they gave me a link to 60K offer.

mind telling us what you get with the 60k points? how much in giftcards or can be transfered?

thanks

pattayatiger Nov 21, 2011 6:59 am

Originally Posted by jonny1 (Post 17490229)
mind telling us what you get with the 60k points? how much in giftcards or can be transfered?

thanks

The only value is hotel stays. Some other exchanges but very bad rate.

Get card if you want to stay at hotel.

alohastephen Nov 21, 2011 7:26 am

thanks

If you use their point breaks you can really spread it out.
Only 5,000 points per night!:D

alohastephen Nov 21, 2011 7:28 am

thanks

The current pointbreak list is good until the end of Nov:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...intbreaks.html

kdoughboy Nov 21, 2011 11:21 am

Originally Posted by sun_aa (Post 17489942)
The link is what I got after watching the visa promo video.

What is the promotion code you enter for the 1000 points for watching the video? Would love to net an easy 1k points for 90 seconds of ignoring a video. :D

TrueBlueFlyer Nov 21, 2011 11:34 am

I applied for the 60k offer... got it, but wanted the 80k which they wouldn't do unless I provide them with an invitation code... still waiting for one of those to arrive in mail if it ever does.

While I was waiting for points to post I went from being Gold status to Platinum.

I maybe stayed in a IHG property once or twice, usually booked through a third party not direct. And only had 500 points in my account before the 60k credited.

Not sure what good the status will net me, but what the hell.

Savannah2000 Nov 21, 2011 12:33 pm

[QUOTE= While I was waiting for points to post I went from being Gold status to Platinum. Not sure what good the status will net me, but what the hell.[/QUOTE]

You mean that the 60K bonus points got you over the platinum 60k membership threshold?In others words are those bonus points "qualifying points"?

MDtR-Chicago Nov 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Savannah2000 (Post 17492245)
You mean that the 60K bonus points got you over the platinum 60k membership threshold?In others words are those bonus points "qualifying points"?

Yes.

mcgahat Nov 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Savannah2000 (Post 17492245)

Pretty much all points are qualifying with PC. That is easy to make status but makes status not worth so much. Good and bad.

sun_aa Nov 21, 2011 3:08 pm

You can convert 10,000 points into 2000 miles but its not a good value. Also you can earn tons of points for every stay if you register for the promo codes mentioned in the master thread in the IHG forum.

bitachu Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm

i think both links take me to the application page...

still i'm targeted and might get the card come january...that way plat status for all of 2013...

aglp2k Nov 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy (Post 17491727)
What is the promotion code you enter for the 1000 points for watching the video? Would love to net an easy 1k points for 90 seconds of ignoring a video. :D

You may want to read this

sun_aa Nov 22, 2011 1:07 am

Originally Posted by pattayatiger (Post 17490219)

I don't think so. Previously Chase/PC would send out emails with invitation codes and the application link would have your info filled it and so others couldn't use it. With this video promo, you are shown the non-personalized 80k offer link. So once you know the link, you can apply through that.

Here's a side by side comparision of the two offers you see at the end of the video:

The source code is how Chase will identify which offer you applied for and it shouldn't matter what you see at the end of the video.

pattayatiger Nov 22, 2011 6:45 am

Someone has to try the 80K link.

Mrgolfer21 Nov 22, 2011 7:34 am

I'd love to try it, but 4 chase cards in 2 months and i'm guessing it won't be worth my time to fight for it. I want to stay away from chase for a few months so i can jump on any sapphire offer they might throw out there. Wish I could, though.

GetSetJetSet Nov 22, 2011 9:25 am

No interest in those hotels, can points be moved to airlines?

jakesideas Nov 22, 2011 10:37 am

I tried it but I cannot press submit- the button is pressed already and won't let you submit the application.

akp Nov 22, 2011 10:49 am

Bummer!

I was going to apply today but like the previous poster mentioned, you cannot hit submit on the 80K app. You can hit submit on the 60K app link provided.

Darn!

kdoughboy Nov 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Looks like the offer code for the 80k offer is DLPX. Some might have more success trying to bump the bonus via SM now that we know the offer code. Certainly never hurts to ask.

michael_v Nov 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Do the targeted offers have an expiration date?

onthego15 Nov 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 17499538)
Do the targeted offers have an expiration date?

80K offers have been around (and targeted) for over a year). I got mine a year ago tomorrow.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-targeted.html

BonusLover Nov 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa (Post 17489942)
I know Chase has been targeting people with 80k points offers and there has been a public 60k points offer since the crack the case promotion. I created this thread because I think I found a link for what might be the non-targeted

80k offer

which redirects to

Application Page

The application page doesn't say anything about 80,000 points. The link is what I got after watching the visa promo video.

If you are thinking of applying for the PC card it might not hurt to try using this link. In case, this is a targeted offer you can always ask for Chase to match the public 60k offer: Landing page and Application page

Be careful, guys!!! Do you even know who owns the website? Beware of identity theft!!!

TheBOSman Nov 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by BonusLover (Post 17501073)
Be careful, guys!!! Do you even know who owns the website? Beware of identity theft!!!

http://www.fni-stl.com/aboutus.html, concerning the application link

Looks ok to me.

https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/?c...anity_visa1000

Also looks good to me. Comes up exactly the same if you remove everything after .com/.

Unless the website names are completely compromised, which I tend to doubt. Also sun_aa is responsible for the original posting of the 70k Marriott offer so I tend towards trusting what sun_aa posts.

kdoughboy Nov 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by jakesideas (Post 17498124)
I tried it but I cannot press submit- the button is pressed already and won't let you submit the application.

Aha! I was just playing around with the app page and it appears that pressing the "Legal Disclosures" button on the 80k app page linked above activates the "Submit for Decisioning" button, allowing you to get a decision! I got it to work twice in Chrome and twice in Firefox. The question now is, who's going to be the guinea pig? :D

sun_aa Nov 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by BonusLover (Post 17501073)

One definitely needs to be careful about using links posted by others. If you don't know this already here is some info to help you verify the authenticity: the link I posted is hosted on mychasecreditcards.com and its only job is to redirect to the ccsic.fni-stl.com page. The perl application on that page looks at the source code and gives you the application page after setting some cookies.

You can check the certificate issued to mychasecreditcards.com on the other 60k offer link that is in my post. Unless you think their website has been compromised, I don't see any problem here.

Originally Posted by kdoughboy (Post 17501588)
Aha! I was just playing around with the app page and it appears that pressing the "Legal Disclosures" button on the 80k app page linked above activates the "Submit for Decisioning" button, allowing you to get a decision! I got it to work twice in Chrome and twice in Firefox. The question now is, who's going to be the guinea pig? :D

So they want to make sure that you have received the disclosures before submitting the app.

What we need is for someone who got the card within the last 3 months for 60k points to try bumping the bonus via secure message using the source code in the link. I was shown the 80k link and have had the card for over a year. So I can't help here.

BTW, 60k is enough points to qualify for platinum status and points post soon after the statement is generated. If this happens in Jan, you will have platinum status until Dec2013. So even if you apply now, you should wait to make the first purchase.

SnoopDaddy Nov 23, 2011 12:31 am

Originally Posted by sun_aa (Post 17501858)
One definitely needs to be careful about using links posted by others. If you don't know this already here is some info to help you verify the authenticity: the link I posted is hosted on mychasecreditcards.com and its only job is to redirect to the ccsic.fni-stl.com page. The perl application on that page looks at the source code and gives you the application page after setting some cookies.

You can check the certificate issued to mychasecreditcards.com on the other 60k offer link that is in my post. Unless you think their website has been compromised, I don't see any problem here.

I can try this out. I applied for the 60k offer 2 months ago. Dont i need a screenshot of the 80k offer or invitation code? I saw DLPX was mentioned upthread. Should i try using that?

So they want to make sure that you have received the disclosures before submitting the app.

What we need is for someone who got the card within the last 3 months for 60k points to try bumping the bonus via secure message using the source code in the link. I was shown the 80k link and have had the card for over a year. So I can't help here.

BTW, 60k is enough points to qualify for platinum status and points post soon after the statement is generated. If this happens in Jan, you will have platinum status until Dec2013. So even if you apply now, you should wait to make the first purchase.

rst113 Nov 23, 2011 6:43 am

I'll be the guinea pig. I was recently approved for the 60K offer about 3 weeks ago, made my first purchase, and received my bonus points. I just sent a secure message mentioning offer code DLPX to see if they will bump the bonus. I'll report back with their response.

jakesideas Nov 23, 2011 6:54 am

Originally Posted by kdoughboy (Post 17501588)

Excellent- thanks to all!

akp Nov 23, 2011 7:46 am

Awesome!

Can't wait to hear the bump the bonus results, rst113.

If that goes well, I'll be the guinea pig on submitting the 80K app!

Anita

sun_aa Nov 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by SnoopDaddy (Post 17502106)
I can try this out. I applied for the 60k offer 2 months ago. Dont i need a screenshot of the 80k offer or invitation code? I saw DLPX was mentioned upthread. Should i try using that?

Try giving them the links (mychase... and ccsic....) and asking whether they will bump the bonus since there's a public offer.

I uploaded a pic on MP but I doubt its of much use.

BarbiJKM Nov 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Clicking on the "legal disclosures" on the application page of the 80K link in the first post brought up a multiple page document; on page 3 and 4 of that document is some coding for this offer, in part as follows:

Source code: DLPX
Component Code: 54285
Offer idseq: 363440
Tier 1 source code: DLPX
Tier 2 source code: DLPY

There is probably some other helpful information in the coding on those two pages, which are pages 3 and 4 of the document at this link: https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/pr...IDNUM=&CLOSE=1

I was unable to cut-and-paste the other coding directly from the document. Looking at the source codes, page 3 appears to deal with the 80K offer and page 4 appears to deal with the 60k offer.

Maybe someone can find this helpful? (or can further translate the codes?)

As a datapoint, I applied for (and was approved for) the 60K offer a few days ago, but have not yet received my card. I plan to call and see if I can get a bump to the 80K offer, using these codes, as soon as I call to activate, so any assistance to retrieving a screen shot or a link to an 80K offer anyone finds as public would be helpful!

sdtumbleweed Nov 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Silly question here....which hotels are the points good for and how many points for a stay? Can the points be transferred anywhere else?

sun_aa Nov 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM (Post 17506494)
Clicking on the "legal disclosures" on the application page of the 80K link in the first post brought up a multiple page document; on page 3 and 4 of that document is some coding for this offer, in part as follows:

Source code: DLPX
Component Code: 54285
Offer idseq: 363440
Tier 1 source code: DLPX
Tier 2 source code: DLPY

There is probably some other helpful information in the coding on those two pages, which are pages 3 and 4 of the document at this link: https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/pr...IDNUM=&CLOSE=1

I was unable to cut-and-paste the other coding directly from the document. Looking at the source codes, page 3 appears to deal with the 80K offer and page 4 appears to deal with the 60k offer.

Wow, looks like they forgot to exclude those two pages. I think page 3 deals with the Visa Signature version and page 4 deals with the Platinum version. Look at the no_preset_spending flag.

Some interesting fields:
[component_code = LGC36022]
[campaign_id = 54285]
[source_code = DLPX]
[offer_idseq = 363440]
[campaign_desc = 08/24/11 Internet]
[expiration_date = 08/24/2012]
[solit_req_flg = 0]
(This is the part about the offer being targeted. Its a binary flag but no way to be sure whether 0 means yes or no.)
[credit_line = 1000]
[maximum_credit_line = 25000]

scwam Nov 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa (Post 17506927)
Wow, looks like they forgot to exclude those two pages. I think page 3 deals with the Visa Signature version and page 4 deals with the Platinum version. Look at the no_preset_spending flag.

Some interesting fields:
[component_code = LGC36022]
[campaign_id = 54285]
[source_code = DLPX]
[offer_idseq = 363440]
[campaign_desc = 08/24/11 Internet]
[expiration_date = 08/24/2012]
[solit_req_flg = 0]
(This is the part about the offer being targeted. Its a binary flag but no way to be sure whether 0 means yes or no.)
[credit_line = 1000]
[maximum_credit_line = 25000]

Doesn't 0 typically represent "FALSE"? no_preset_spending is either true or false depending on tier level.

But the rest:

solic_req_flag = 0,
solit_req_flg = 0
student_offer_flg = 0.

&
frgn_crcy_cvsn_fee_rt = 0 (does this card have a foreign conversion fee?)

I say 0 = false.

sun_aa Nov 24, 2011 12:31 am

Of course, its always possible that they reversed the logic on the solicitation fields. But like you said, more evidence that this offer is not targeted. The card has no foreign currency fee.

sdsearch Nov 24, 2011 8:07 am

Originally Posted by sdtumbleweed (Post 17506742)
Silly question here....which hotels are the points good for and how many points for a stay? Can the points be transferred anywhere else?

All IHG (IntercontinetnalHotelGroup) properties, meaning all hotels that participate in the Priority Club program:

www.priorityclub.com

Brands include Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Intercontinental, Candlewood Suites, Staybridge Suites, etc.

There are some here and there for 10k / night, but generally they start for 15k / night (including Candlewood Suites in NYC and another just across the river from it!). Holiday Inns and Express tend to be either 15k or 25k. Intercontinental is a luxury brand that's either 30k or 40k.

And then occasionally any of these (but only tiny fraction of them) can go on sale through Points Breaks at only 5k / night, but you either have to be lucky or be ready to adjust your plans for where the hotel is on sale (rather than expect a hotel to be on sale where you happen to be going) to take advantage of that.

The points can be transferred to airlines miles at 5:1, but that's generally a poorer value, since 80K which can be enough for a 5 night NYC stay, that would cost you over $900 otherwise, transfers to only 16k airline miles, which is a bit more than half of a restricted domestic coach redemption (and thus nowhere nowhere near $900 in value!).

And other transfers / uses are of even lower value. So it makes no sense to apply for this card IMHO if you can't make good use of the points for hotel stays when you find Priority Club has good value on points when redemption with money would be costly.

Keep in mind that Priority Club points don't expire, so you can wait until you find an opportunity to use them, rather than needing to use them up right away.

BarbiJKM Nov 24, 2011 8:10 am

Originally Posted by sdtumbleweed (Post 17506742)

Check out www.priorityclub.com for details of how you can use the points.