Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is there a 70k link that works? I'm a Gold member but none of the links work....
I'm a gold member and, after signing in to my account, used the link in the Wiki with success.

I'm sure it's been asked somewhere, but what's the current rule on getting the "free night" certificate if you've previously had this card? It's been more than 3 years for me. Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm sure it's been asked somewhere, but what's the current rule on getting the "free night" certificate if you've previously had this card? It's been more than 3 years for me.
No obvious rule. Anecdotal evidence suggests that Marriott has either relaxed the supposed once/lifetime limit (which was more like once/10 years), or perhaps purged the old records recently & started everyone with a blank slate. Several people (incl my DW) have gotten multiple certs in a fairly short time frame; see, for instance, post 1869:
Originally Posted by beltway
There seems to be some inconsistency on this issue. My DW just applied for a card & received her third cat 1-4 cert in 3 years. The sequence:
  • Oct. 2011 - Apply for personal Visa #1; cert rec'd after approval
  • Nov. 2012 - Close personal Visa #1
  • Aug. 2014 - Apply for business Visa; cert rec'd after approval
  • Nov. 2014 - Apply for personal Visa #2; cert rec'd recently
This was all under the same Marriott Rewards account number, home address, etc. YMMV, apparently by a lot.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: All of them
I couldn't find this in the Wiki, but has anyone tried applying for both personal AND business at the same time, and got the Free Night certificate from both? Reading the terms on the card it's hard to tell if those are considered separate offers by Marriott.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Applied for personal (50K) today, instant approval. Will see how long it takes to get free night stay and bonus points as I intend to hit the spend within the first statement.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
No obvious rule. Anecdotal evidence suggests that Marriott has either relaxed the supposed once/lifetime limit (which was more like once/10 years), or perhaps purged the old records recently & started everyone with a blank slate. Several people (incl my DW) have gotten multiple certs in a fairly short time frame; see, for instance, post 1869:
I would venture to say that the very restrictive policy was still in place up to July 2014. Husband's card opened in March and did not get a cert which the last one was gotten in 2011. I opened my card in June and did not get a cert despite the previous one was from biz card in 2011. I decided to call Marriott as the prev cert was from biz and the new card was personal. No dice. Supervisor was adamant on only one cert regardless from which card, though reluctantly gave 5K goodwill pts. (someone managed to get 25K in lieu of the cert. no such luck for me.)

Then we started seeing data points on getting another cert. So it does seem there are some records cleaning on Marriott side.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Applied for personal (50K) today, instant approval. Will see how long it takes to get free night stay and bonus points as I intend to hit the spend within the first statement.
Update: Free Cat 1-4 stay received today (applied 1/31), Silver status reflected yesterday. Very fast. Looking forward to meeting spend and getting the bonus points. Already put the free night cert to use
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I would venture to say that the very restrictive policy was still in place up to July 2014. Husband's card opened in March and did not get a cert which the last one was gotten in 2011. I opened my card in June and did not get a cert despite the previous one was from biz card in 2011. I decided to call Marriott as the prev cert was from biz and the new card was personal. No dice. Supervisor was adamant on only one cert regardless from which card, though reluctantly gave 5K goodwill pts. (someone managed to get 25K in lieu of the cert. no such luck for me.)

Then we started seeing data points on getting another cert. So it does seem there are some records cleaning on Marriott side.

Good info, thanks! I wonder if making a 2nd business Marriott acct and using office mailing address would do the trick. Is it possible to combine the accounts later, or transfer pts from one to another?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:39 pm

My story:

Sum/fall 2014 - opened personal, received cert
Feb 2015 - opened biz, just received cet

Same Marriott account number and I've never had a Marriott card prior to these. Personal is still open and the biz card makes 7 open cards with Chase (3 personal/4 biz).

Last edited by mrfrancis3000; Feb 6, 2015 at 10:19 am
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:34 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by mrfrancis3000
My story:

Oct 2014 - opened personal, received cert

Same Marriott account number and I've never had a Marriott card prior to these. Personal is still open and the biz card makes 7 open cards with Chase (3 personal/4 biz).
How many EQN will you get? 15 or 30?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by NDN
How many EQN will you get? 15 or 30?
I didn't even know I would receive any, but I would imagine 30.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:36 am

My story:

Oct 2014 - opened personal, received cert

Interesting, I wonder why others can't seem get the 2 certs this way. Do you have separate Marriott accounts?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:54 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I didn't even know I would receive any, but I would imagine 30.
There is supposed to be a limit of 15 maximum from credit cards that Chase will give you; however, I am curious for confirmation from somebody who holds both cards (business and personal)
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Interesting, I wonder why others can't seem get the 2 certs this way. Do you have separate Marriott accounts?
One Marriott account, same on both.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by NDN
There is supposed to be a limit of 15 maximum from credit cards that Chase will give you; however, I am curious for confirmation from somebody who holds both cards (business and personal)
The EQNs are of no use to me, so I never checked. If you can tell me where I would go to see them, I can look and see what I have. I had 2 paid stays at a Marriott last year (one for 1 night and another one later on for 2 or 3 nights) but I have credit for 9 nights that rolled over to this year. I signed up for a Marriott # about a year ago and got the Pers card a few months after that and the Biz a few days ago (I got the cert but haven't received the card yet).

This is what I see (if this helps):

2015 Nights Detail

1 nights needed to renew Silver elite level

41 nights needed to achieve Gold elite level

Nights stayed0

Bonus nights9

Promotional:0

Rewards Credit Card:0

Rewarding Events:0

2014 rollover:9

2015 total9
Lifetime Status
nights28
Points71,039
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:16 pm

Is there a way to tell based on the expiration month/year how long since I last received this card? The card says expires 2/16. I'm not sure if got it 2/13 or 2/12. I called Chase and the rep said they did not see my Marriott CC number in my history, but could not say what that meant in terms of how long it's been.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.