FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1271936-ongoing-offers-now-80k-points-free-night-af-not-waived-marriott-premier-visa.html)

Paulchili Nov 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 17434361)
The link to the app. is still working. It doesn't say how many points you will get but that is not unusual. Chase is good about honoring offers. Give it a go:
https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...DF01&SPID=DN7M

How can you be sure that this is the application for the 70K and not 50K?

beltway Nov 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 17434416)

I have metaphysical certainty because when I sign up for an offer, I don't just take a screen shot: I save a copy of the web page source. And the source for the 70K offer -- image posted above -- links to the app page listed in post #1 (and in post #199, and in philemer's post just above this).

Also, when several long-time FTers -- including the friggin' forum moderator -- tell you that something is legit, there's a reason.

Paulchili Nov 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 17434461)
I have metaphysical certainty because when I sign up for an offer, I don't just take a screen shot: I save a copy of the web page source. And the source for the 70K offer -- image posted above -- links to the app page listed in post #1 (and in post #199, and in philemer's post just above this).

Also, when several long-time FTers -- including the friggin' forum moderator -- tell you that something is legit, there's a reason.

OK - long-time FTers and friggin' forum moderator - I am taking the plunge! :D

philemer Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 17434505)
OK - long-time FTers and friggin' forum moderator - I am taking the plunge! :D

Hey, watch it. I'm not friggin'. I'm Norwegian. :p

beltway Nov 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 17434547)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frigg

Paulchili Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 17434547)

I was holding out a bit longer but cannot take a chance on missing out on this - too good.
Will let you know (and others here) how it turned out. :)

normthe Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

After reading all the great info posted about the Marriott Premier Card I signed up for one. Thanks to all who posted the link because I was not able to find the app anywhere else. I do have a couple of questions I hope some of you more experienced FTer's can answer.
1) Does Marriott allow you to use the one night stay e-cert in conjunction with some points. I am planning a trip to Boston and the hotel I want is a Cat 6 and the cert is only good for up to a cat 5.
2) Am I correct in understanding that we get 15 nights credit toward status every year we keep the card ? Do those nights expire or accumulate and roll over?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Norm

beltway Nov 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by normthe (Post 17434648)
1) Does Marriott allow you to use the one night stay e-cert in conjunction with some points. I am planning a trip to Boston and the hotel I want is a Cat 6 and the cert is only good for up to a cat 5.

As in affairs of love, there's no harm in asking the property, but I doubt you'll scorehave much success. (Also, you sure the cert is good for cat 5? The first-year cert is typically good only for cat 1-4, with the anniversary cert valid for 1-5.)

2) Am I correct in understanding that we get 15 nights credit toward status every year we keep the card ? Do those nights expire or accumulate and roll over?
It's a static 15-night credit which neither expires (as long as you keep the card) nor rolls over.

johndoe123 Nov 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 17434684)
As in affairs of love, there's no harm in asking the property, but I doubt you'll scorehave much success. (Also, you sure the cert is good for cat 5? The first-year cert is typically good only for cat 1-4, with the anniversary cert valid for 1-5.)

It's a static 15-night credit which neither expires (as long as you keep the card) nor rolls over.

I thought it was like you actually stayed 15 nights (IE: counts for lifetime status, etc.)

beltway Nov 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123 (Post 17434771)
I thought it was like you actually stayed 15 nights (IE: counts for lifetime status, etc.)

There is nothing anywhere -- on the offer page, in the materials sent with the card itself -- that implies that the 15 nights do anything other than boost your current-year total for earning status.

aznshrek88 Nov 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 17434416)

I just signed up because well
1) A Forum Moderator is validating this
2) If you actually look at the source code, it does state it's the 70k referral bonus

Thanks FT!

beltway Nov 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by aznshrek88 (Post 17435572)
2) If you actually look at the source code, it does state it's the 70k referral bonus

:confused::confused:

You're not alluding to

referer="www.flyertalk.com%2Fforum%2Fmilesbuzz%2F1 271936-70k-points-1-night-no-fee-1st-yr-marriott-premier-visa.html"
are you? That's not in the source, but is instead dynamically inserted (from HTTP_REFERER) if you click on the link in post #1.

normthe Nov 12, 2011 7:00 am

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 17434684)

I went back and checked the e-cert info. You are right about the first year cert being good for 1-4 cat. Anniversary cert is good for 1-5

ekartash Nov 12, 2011 8:01 am

When do the points normally post? Is it after statement closing?

muji Nov 12, 2011 8:43 am

Originally Posted by normthe (Post 17434648)
Does Marriott allow you to use the one night stay e-cert in conjunction with some points. I am planning a trip to Boston and the hotel I want is a Cat 6 and the cert is only good for up to a cat 5.

I recently e-mailed Marriott about this same question (using a category 1-4 certificate at a category 5 or 6 hotel by adding points) and they said this is not allowed.