FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1271936-ongoing-offers-now-80k-points-free-night-af-not-waived-marriott-premier-visa.html)

MBKing37 Nov 2, 2011 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by virtuo0 (Post 17382042)
I applied for this card about 10 days ago. My name on the Marriott rewards account is not same as the name on the CC, But its my account. When i called Chase to check the status , rep said card is approved and they are checking with Marriott to verify the rewards account. I explained to her that my first name is different on the account, then she said probably they will open a new marriott account and i can call them later to combine them. The point is they do verify the rewards account before mailing the card and open a new account automatically if it doesn't match and i don't think you have to do anything.

Thanks a lot for that virtuo0! Very helpful and informative post. I'm very appreciative that you posted this. I'll post an update as well when I have one.

thatsajoke Nov 4, 2011 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus (Post 17381097)
Usual rule: just be sure to read the offer (and all fine print + terms and conditions) when you land on the application page. If you've landed on the 70K page, you should be safe. But you can also take a screen shot and/or save the URL in case there is any question later.

Another usual rule: if you reach an application via a FlyerTalk post, you're also probably safe. That was the case with the Citibank 75K AA offer (now expired). For that offer, you'd land on the page using the link in the FT thread. The linked page never told you what offer you were signing up for. But it worked like a charm until Citi killed that offer.

Thanks again for your feedback!

I usually check the offer details, terms of agreement, etc. but it didn't mention the bonus points on the application page. I applied for the 70K offer since (as you mentioned) it is still an active link.

awilliamson4 Nov 4, 2011 1:54 pm

I am traveling to Spain in 2 weeks and applied for this card and this offer for the no foreign transaction fees. Anyone who has applied have any idea on how fast I will receive it. I was instantly approved.

GetawaysRus Nov 4, 2011 3:31 pm

If you've been approved, you have nothing to lose if you call Chase and let them know you'd like the card expedited to you. Explain that you will be traveling soon and want to put some spend on the card.

I did this in September with a newly approved Sapphire Preferred account. I didn't get approval until about 10 days before I was scheduled to leave on a trip, and I figured that trip expenses would help meet the 3K required spend on the Sapphire Preferred. They overnighted a card to me.

The customer service # on the back of my Chase Marriott card is: 800-338-5960

den1k Nov 4, 2011 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by MBKing37 (Post 17375585)
Just posting an update.

We've had one of our free night stays post in the account. Both cards were opened on the same day so you would figure they both would have posted by now unless Marriott is only going to post one.

Will wait a few more days, if nothing happens then I think I'll have to call Marriott and explain the situation to them and see if they can do anything about it.

Any thing new on this? What about the 15 elite nights toward status? Do you get 30 into the account?

MBKing37 Nov 5, 2011 11:41 am

Originally Posted by den1k (Post 17393964)
Any thing new on this? What about the 15 elite nights toward status? Do you get 30 into the account?

Nothing new as of yet. Just waiting to receive our cards in the mail so that when we call Chase, they have an account to link everything with.

In my account the one free night and the fifteen elite nights with silver membership HAVE showed up. So that's good.

Will update again when there's something to update!

virtuo0 Nov 5, 2011 2:22 pm

I received my card today. they opened up a new Marriott account as the name is different on my existing account.

MBKing37 Nov 6, 2011 11:18 am

Originally Posted by virtuo0 (Post 17397783)
I received my card today. they opened up a new Marriott account as the name is different on my existing account.

Thanks for the update! Anxiously awaiting the wife's card so we can see if hers ended up on another as well.

World-Wide Nov 6, 2011 2:10 pm

I applied, and was approved. Waiting for my card to arrive.

element7 Nov 6, 2011 3:41 pm

I applied few days ago and it's still pending. Called reconsideration dept and they said they can't make a decision on my application because it is not available to "editing". I think she mentioned something about systematic review/verification or something.

Does anyone know what kind of state application is in when it is not available to change by credit analysts? They said verification so sounds like they are checking address info and such?

It's just weird since in the past I was always able to call within 5 mins of applying and asking them to review my application and make decision.

jgottlieb Nov 7, 2011 6:43 am

I was insta-approved and was told it would take about 2 weeks to get my card. Called back to get it expedited, but customer support couldn't see my account yet. Told me to call back after a couple of days. Haven't yet.

tjbrooks Nov 7, 2011 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by element7 (Post 17402840)
Does anyone know what kind of state application is in when it is not available to change by credit analysts? They said verification so sounds like they are checking address info and such?

Your situation sounds similar to mine. Reconsideration line couldn't touch it. Four days after applying I was approved (checked every morning through the automated system). Still yet to get the card, although its in my Chase profile, and I see 15 nights in my Marriott account.

No Cat 1-4 certificate, as expected, since I had a Marriott card in 2007.got my card today and the literature even says: "There's an e-certificate waiting for you in your Marriott Rewards account!"

World-Wide Nov 7, 2011 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks (Post 17408718)
Your situation sounds similar to mine. Reconsideration line couldn't touch it. Four days after applying I was approved (checked every morning through the automated system). Still yet to get the card, although its in my Chase profile, and I see 15 nights in my Marriott account.

No Cat 1-4 certificate, as expected, since I had a Marriott card in 2007.got my card today and the literature even says: "There's an e-certificate waiting for you in your Marriott Rewards account!"

Looks like I have the 1 night stay in my Marriott rewards account. But the 15 Nights Credit toward your next Elite I don't see for some reason? I wonder why? And I have not received my card yet. Waiting for that to come so I can use it, and get the 70K points.

TheBOSman Nov 7, 2011 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by World-Wide (Post 17408760)
Looks like I have the 1 night stay in my Marriott rewards account. But the 15 Nights Credit toward your next Elite I don't see for some reason? I wonder why? And I have not received my card yet. Waiting for that to come so I can use it, and get the 70K points.

I didn't have to call reconsideration. I was approved Thursday and it showed up in my Chase online account today. I have the free night in my Marriott Rewards account but not the credit as well. It does show me as a Silver rewards member though? I won't stay enough for the 15 night credit to make a difference as I have no shot at 50 nights for Gold (and I won't be using the free night until April so no concerns there either for me). Just wanted to add another data point.

World-Wide Nov 7, 2011 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 17409557)
I didn't have to call reconsideration. I was approved Thursday and it showed up in my Chase online account today. I have the free night in my Marriott Rewards account but not the credit as well. It does show me as a Silver rewards member though? I won't stay enough for the 15 night credit to make a difference as I have no shot at 50 nights for Gold (and I won't be using the free night until April so no concerns there either for me). Just wanted to add another data point.

Yea same I did not have to call the reconsideration line. Looks like the same thing with me shows me as silver just don't have the 15 night credit showing. I also won't stay enough for it to make a difference though.