Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

You can get 50,000 points after spending $3,000 in 3 month on the Chase Sapphire Preferred card!
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...rred-card.aspx

[Mod:Current offer is 40K. Links on various Blogs and at Chase.com]

Last edited by philemer; May 1, 2012 at 3:39 pm Reason: update: now 40K
Old May 13, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Holy Cow. This is getting a little ridiculous. I was about set to go for the new AMEX Premier Reward 50,000 deal after already getting a couple of CapOne's and BA and Continental and now I've got this one to deal with. I swore I was going to lay low on the apps this year but these deals are just too good to pass up. I just wish they'd stop coming so fast and furious. Chase in particular seems to be flooding the market. So many cards, so little time...
Old May 13, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
What's the best use of these points, so we know if it's worth an app.
Old May 13, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
What's the best use of these points, so we know if it's worth an app.
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/14267
Old May 13, 2011, 6:14 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Using the points for travel you get a 25% boost. 25K = $312.50 in airline tickets that earn miles.

They transfer into Continental, Hyatt, Marriott, BA, Priority Club points 1:1.

They also offer gift cards and other merchandise.

No first year fee for the card and what I like best is that a English speaking human being answers the phone everytime.

I transferred mine to CO miles last time.
Old May 13, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: Lotz
When is the expiration date ? I can't find any.

Many of us just got the Chase BA.
Old May 13, 2011, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02
Holy Cow. This is getting a little ridiculous. I was about set to go for the new AMEX Premier Reward 50,000 deal after already getting a couple of CapOne's and BA and Continental and now I've got this one to deal with. I swore I was going to lay low on the apps this year but these deals are just too good to pass up. I just wish they'd stop coming so fast and furious. Chase in particular seems to be flooding the market. So many cards, so little time...
+1. When can we get a break Can't ignore such good deals but really, how many CC applications over two quarters!!!! And I got targeted for the 80,000 bonus points Priority Club offer.
Old May 13, 2011, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by ingy
and what I like best is that a English speaking human being answers the phone everytime.
Albeit with a Filipino accent the majority of the time, hehe
Old May 13, 2011, 7:37 pm

I read on another thread that there is a targeted offer out there for 50,000 + another 30,000 if you spend $3,000 on the Chase Sapphire Preferred card in the first 3 months.
Old May 13, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: CO Plat
The question is: has anyone, who got the BA card in April, been approved for this new chase card (less than 60 days)?
Old May 13, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: Some.
What's the best transfer on this? Hyatt?
Old May 13, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: aa
You can transfer to CO/BA too. Depends on whether you want more miles or hotel stays.
Old May 13, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by kuwaito
The question is: has anyone, who got the BA card in April, been approved for this new chase card (less than 60 days)?
Not with this new chase card but I got both the CO and BA cards within ~6 weeks of each other.
Old May 13, 2011, 8:48 pm
Original Member

Notice two nice things about this card:[LIST=1]
  1. No foreign currency exchange fee
  2. 7% bonus on all points you earn this year, including the bonus points. The timing is right for this. In my experience, it takes them several months to get around to posting the points. So keep the card and hassle them until the 7% posts next year.
    • 53,000 x 7% = 3710 points. Since points transfer in 1,000 point incements, you will want to spend some more on the card. Someone else can do the algebra on how much to spend now so you end up with an even multiple of 1,000 in your account next year. I retired from teaching high school math.
Old May 13, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Yea this is interesting.

In the last 3 weeks I got.

AA Citi Visa 75K card
AA Citi Visa 75K card (for mother)
BA Chase 100K card
CO Chase 50K card
today applied and approved for AMEX gold at 50K points

will I be stretching it too much if I now apply for another Chase card??? Will they even approve me? Is it worth it or better hold off? I mean I already have 350K miles and not planning to fly anywhere this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.