Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discuss your meal options here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
How often does CX changes their F menus?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
How often does CX changes their F menus?
AFAIK, monthly.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:41 am

Any recent kaiseki experiences on the HND-HKG run? Is the mid-morning flight on the 747 better than the afternoon 77W flight? Flight is in Mar/Apr next year, so I guess a spring time theme.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
I flew in Y+ on CX883 LAX-HKG on November 24th. Champagne was offered before the flight started. I forgot to ask the vintage and/or brand. Anyone know what is typically served?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:49 pm

CX Y Menu 2016 for flight CX156 or CX890

Does anyone know where I could find the CX Y menu for 2016 for flight CX156 or CX890

Thanks In advance

Vicki

Last edited by cxfan1960; Dec 31, 2015 at 1:11 am Reason: Clarify flights involved
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I've just posted CX156 in the 2015 Y thread. The bottom of the card says 12/15 but I guess being Y class they just do similar meals and rotate the menu options.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:32 am

Hi Vicky,

We don't worry for Cathay Pacific, so unless some of us are fortune tellers, we really can't tell you what is going to be served.

The menu thread is just posting from me and all other FT talkers that have kindly provided the menus. They are just good reference, and unfortunately this thread will not be able to provide the exact menu for future flights. CX used to do bi monthly or even three month rotation from out stations, but they seem to vary from month to month now.

I am also going to request the moderator to move this post to the "Discuss the Meal Options" post. I am going to start the new 2016 menu threads tomorrow and your thread heading will affect the format of my new menu threads.

Thanks!
Carfield
Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:48 pm

I have seen reports for HKG-BOS in the 2015 F meal thread, but not BOS-HKG in F. Any reports for BOS-HKG in F? In general are meals from outstations ex-US lower quality then HKG?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Good evening,
Flew the CX257 HKG-LHR,
I will scan the menu and have i posted in the menu-thread.

However, I fell asleep due to operational reasons, being awake in Singapore (late check-out), and early flight check-in for almost 30 hours before I boarded the plane.

First of all - I think the menus are to distributed while on the ground? Then, you could at least have the option to make an opinion to be awaked for meals.

I slept 5 hours straight, and was intact dreaming of at Cheese-Burger when I woke.
But at that time all the "snack" meals had been finished. The CX257 is operated with a high density of Europeans, while menu wise 50% is Chinese based.

I was presented a lunch set from Economy+ that was OK.
However the Inflight Service Director gave a comment card, they all want more snack meals given the odd-hours of this flight.

Has anyone ever had the Burger?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Does anyone hold any e-mail address for CX complaints ?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:12 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by peterfox
Does anyone hold any e-mail address for CX complaints ?
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ggestions.html
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:33 am

Low Lactose Meal Experiences?

I'm lactose intolerant and have requested a low lactose meal for ORD-HKG and HKG-LAX in August. Has anyone had a CX first class low lactose meal before? How was it?

I'm wondering if it's best to do this, or to have a regular meal and pick around the dairy stuff. I'm thinking I should at least request the low-lactose meal so it's on the planes, and then I can poke around a regular meal if I don't like the low-lactose option. I assume they've got more than enough extra "regular" meals, right?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:38 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Have a look at the F menu threads and you can see the types of meals that are served normally. I would expect that for most of the courses they are naturally low lactose - the only one you need to watch out for is dessert. Personally i wouldn't order a special meal unless absolutely necessary as you are kind of obliged to take it and they adjust the normal catering quantities according to special meal orders.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
In checking out the F menu thread I notice that CX841 JFK-HKG seems to serve Breakfast and Lunch or Lunch and Dinner.

Does this flight switch to lunch/dinner combo when the flight time changes from 09:00 to 10:00 after daylight savings begins?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold
Can anybody shed some light on what the difference will be in F meal service, if any, between CX 897 (LAX-HKG @ 08:45) and CX 885 (LAX-HKG @ 11:45)? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.