Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oasis - liquidation?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:38 am

hard to sort out alternative arrangments

These "special" fares seem to be very restricted in terms of availability.

Best I could do was get a one way via PVG on KA/BA on 22 April (parents were originally going back on 20 April) for HK$5k per person.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 1:28 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by theworld
These "special" fares seem to be very restricted in terms of availability.

Best I could do was get a one way via PVG on KA/BA on 22 April (parents were originally going back on 20 April) for HK$5k per person.
It is posted on CX site that CX 2353 is fully booked and CX 2353 is filling up quickly, but it also says that the special one-way fares are still good on some regular flights to YVR/LHR. Did you check the regular flights with CX hotline?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 1:55 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
When these unfortunate events happen, other airlines can only do their best to help.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:42 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
They never mentioned anything about O8 business class ticket holders.. I wonder if they have a special fare to fly on CX or BA J class...
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:43 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
It is posted on CX site that CX 2353 is fully booked and CX 2353 is filling up quickly, but it also says that the special one-way fares are still good on some regular flights to YVR/LHR. Did you check the regular flights with CX hotline?
According to the CX Seatmap for CX2353 on 11APR, it looks like they are offering the J cabin and maybe even F cabin (all seats in F blocked, most seats in J blocked, but some in J show assigned - perhaps to Oasis Business Class pax?) to seat Y pax on the 744.

Code:
CX RESPONSE                                                                         
CX2353/Y/11APR/HKGLHR/744  /W12-48                                                  
   M 0000 111 333333333 4444445555 5555556666666666     U 888 88                    
     1234 124 012345678 4567890123 4567890123456789       123 67                    
K    XXXX ... X...XXXX. LAAAAAAAAL  ...A......A.AA        X.. XX                    
J             X...XXXX. LAAAAAAAA.  ...A......A                                     
H*        ... X...XXXX. LAAAAAAAA.  .A.A......A.AA        X.. X.                    
G*     XX .X.  ...XXXX. X.AAAAAAA  XLLAA..........A                                 
F              ...XXXX. X.AAAAAAA  XLLA...........A                                 
E         .X.  ...XXXX. X.AA.AAAA  XLLA.....A.....A                                 
D*     XX ...  ...XXXX. ...A.A.AA  XLLA.....A.....A                                 
C*        .XX ....XXXX. .AAAAAAAA.  ...........AAA        X.. X.                    
B             ...AXXXXX .AAAAAAAA.  ........A..                                     
A    XXXX XXX ....XXXXX .AAAAAAAA.  ........A....A        X.. X¥                    

AVAIL: A           LEAST PREF:L   SMOKING:       BULKHEAD:                          
TAKEN: .           UPPER DECK:    NOSMOKE:       WING    :                          
BLOCK: X           HANDICAP  :    BUFFER :R      EXIT ROW:                          
NO MOVIE:Z  BASSINET:I  SMOKING ZONE: ENCLOSED WITH -   -
Similar on CX2353 13APR OP BY A346

Code:
CX RESPONSE                                                                         
MMUS:CX2353/Y/13APR/HKGLHR/346-99/W30-37                                            
   0 0  1 1 1 1 1 1  1 1 2 2  3         4      5     6                              
                    37                                                              
   1 2  1 2 4 5 6 7  8 9 0 1  012345678901234  45678901234567                       
                    37                                                              
K  X X  X X X X X X  X X X X   AAAARRRRRRRRRR  RAARRRRRRRAAAA                       
H       X X X X X X  X X X X  RAAAARRRRRRRRRR  RAARRRRRRRAAAA                       

G  X X  X X X X X X  X X X X  LAAAARRRRRRRRR    IARRRRRRRRAAA                       
F                             LAAAARRRRRRRRR    LARRRRRRR                           
E                             IAAAARRRRRRRRR    LARRRRRRRRAAA                       
D  X X  X X X X X X  X X X X  LAAAARRRRRRRRR    IARRRRRRRRAAA  ¥
C       X X X X X X  X X X X  RAA.ARRRRRRRRRR  .AARRRRRRRAAAA                       
A  X X  X X X X X X  X X X X   AAAARRRRRRRRRR  RAARRRRRRRAAAA                       
   0 0  1 1 1 1 1 1  1 1 2 2  3         4      5     6                              

1 2  1 2 4 5 6 7  8 9 0 1  012345678901234  45678901234567                         

AVAIL: A           LEAST PREF:L   SMOKING:       BULKHEAD:                          
TAKEN: .           UPPER DECK:    NOSMOKE:       WING    :                          
BLOCK: X           HANDICAP  :    BUFFER :R      EXIT ROW:                          
NO MOVIE:Z  BASSINET:I  SMOKING ZONE: ENCLOSED WITH -   -
Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:06 am

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
I wonder if I could, as a non-O8 ticket holder, book into one of these two flights and get a F/J seat?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:42 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kchika
I wonder if I could, as a non-O8 ticket holder, book into one of these two flights and get a F/J seat?
Maybe if you paid full price, but CX has already stated that children who need to get back to school and are holding a O8 ticket will get preference. The flights are filling very quickly so I think it's highly unlikely they will issue you a ticket unless it was right at the last minute.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by kchika
I thought about that too, but that will be unfair to other CX passengers. especially if the other CX flights are really through. I do not know how those seats became occupied - perhaps the O8 ticket holders paid the difference, or perhaps CX asked some passengers from the other flights to take these flights for an op-up.

I am sure they should try to get them occupied and be fair to everyone.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I thought about that too, but that will be unfair to other CX passengers. especially if the other CX flights are really through. I do not know how those seats became occupied - perhaps the O8 ticket holders paid the difference, or perhaps CX asked some passengers from the other flights to take these flights for an op-up.

I am sure they should try to get them occupied and be fair to everyone.
CX internal memo said it is operated as a all-Economy flight, so only Y service throughout the cabin. Also in their press release they mentioned they provided around 660 seats to O8 pax on the extra flights, which match the actual number: 381 (744) + 286 (346) = 667~
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: Cathay Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I feel that CX isn't very flexible with aircraft scheduling. For example, I wondered why CX coudln't upgrade one of its daily LHR flight from A34C to B77W/B747/A346? What they should have done is let's say temporarily sub CX884 with A34C, and then free up the B744 to do LHR routes, to provide the extra lift.

Also, in another article I read, it seemed that the government capped QF/NZ flights to LHR to a maximum of 50% ex-HKG customers only. I found it news interesting and wondering if this applies to other flights, such as UA HKG-SIN or SQ HKG-SFO?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by pacificboot
Also, in another article I read, it seemed that the government capped QF/NZ flights to LHR to a maximum of 50% ex-HKG customers only. I found it news interesting and wondering if this applies to other flights, such as UA HKG-SIN or SQ HKG-SFO?
These restrictions on 5th freedoms are quite common. Japan squashed NW's NRT-SYD service as NW was uplifting too much ex-NRT traffic.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 1.4MM
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
How much did you pay? I'm sitting on 2 unopened HKG-YVR inaugural models.
You missed my smileys - I was joking about buying an actual Oasis 747. I guess I'll fire my joke writer...

http://www.angrybackhand.com
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by West Coast Ace
You missed my smileys - I was joking about buying an actual Oasis 747. I guess I'll fire my joke writer...
That's what I thought as well hmmm.....
Old Apr 11, 2008, 8:08 am
Suspended

I am a passenger who has been stranded by Oasis and I must say Cathay have done a fantastic job in helping me out, I always fly in biz but the deal to get you back is strictly for Y only. The strange thing is CX is charging 250 pound inc tax and BA is only 194, but its worth 50 pound more to fly CX as BA Y is a none starter for me
Old Apr 12, 2008, 3:34 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

There are media reports in HK about how people who bought tickets are going to have to wait 2 months before finding out if they will get any money back.

I would have thought that the bulk of people would have bought their tickets using credit cards. I thought that customers woould be able to claim the amount paid back from their credit card company as there is a clause in the terms and conditions (or somewhere like that) that states that if the services or goods purchased are not rendered, then you can get recourse via the credit card?

I know this was the case in countries like Australia as there were a few cases a few years ago where people bought tickets to rock concerts, but the promoters disappeared with the money and the concerts didn't go ahead. So everyone was able to claim the money back through their credit card. I think the same happened when Compass and Ansett went under?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.