Wiki Posts
Search

Oasis - liquidation?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:27 am

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Originally Posted by pacificboot
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...0010d21c39____

I wonder how CX got those two extra morning prime-time slots at LHR. I bet BAA must be making a one-time exception. Also does anyone know of the return flight (the two extra flights) from LHR to HKG?
Apparently those two flights have not been loaded into the systems yet...
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I would have thought CX would remove their promotional fares in response to Oasis, not put them back on?
There will be a number of people needing to buy new tickets... no harm in putting in fares to try and attract them to stay in business, rather than economy
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:49 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
...and to attract them to buy CX tickets, instead of BA/VS/NZ/QF or AC or other non-direct options ?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Looks like it has happened:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7338424.stm
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:56 am
Suspended

I fares to YVR seem gone.. Same flights I booked earlier for 22K are now 39K.. Checked a variety of other dates too..

Cheap Biz to YVR is gone
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by mtacchi
I fares to YVR seem gone.. Same flights I booked earlier for 22K are now 39K.. Checked a variety of other dates too..

Cheap Biz to YVR is gone
I still see it on CX.com.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
On CX web page regarding the extra flights for Oasis passengers, they ask passengers to proceed to CX check-in counters in Aisle D of Terminal 1 at Hong Kong International Airport. Are there any CX counters there?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by mtacchi

Cheap Biz to YVR is gone
No, amazingly they are still there. Even for next February.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:33 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I actually don't expect CX to raise the price / stop the promotion of LHR/YVR routes too soon...imagine how bad PR it would be if newspapers find out and say "CX raised YVR price from 22k to 39k, a 80% increase, right after O8 went out of business" etc - they for sure don't want to be seen like ripping off passengers because of lack of competition. If I were them I'd rather keep the price for now, grab the passengers who need to rebook urgently with these low fares (instead of having them go to BA/VS/NZ/QF/AC/etc), and then over time raise the price back to the high level, but gradually...
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
On CX web page regarding the extra flights for Oasis passengers, they ask passengers to proceed to CX check-in counters in Aisle D of Terminal 1 at Hong Kong International Airport. Are there any CX counters there?
well they used to hv some, but not now anymore. maybe they rented some counters in aisle D for these few days for the 2 CX2353 flights~ (fri by 744, sun by 346)

seems it is juz operating HKG-LHR and they r specifically operate for students going back to uk as requested by the hk government.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 1.4MM
I just bought one of their 747's on eBay. The Buy It Now price was too good to pass up - and didn't want to get sniped!

Does anyone have a 747 simulator in their garage?

http://www.angrybackhand.com
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by West Coast Ace
I just bought one of their 747's on eBay. The Buy It Now price was too good to pass up - and didn't want to get sniped!
How much did you pay? I'm sitting on 2 unopened HKG-YVR inaugural models.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:44 pm

The smart saver fares to both LHR and YVR are both gone now...
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by kchika
The smart saver fares to both LHR and YVR are both gone now...
Still there, just not as prominently advertised on the main page as before.

The advertised withdrawal dates are 31 May (LHR) and 31 Aug (YVR)... let's see what happens.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:04 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Smart savers are still available via the small print links at the bottom of the Offers page. They have been removed from the homepage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.