Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPE turn ard question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Question TPE turn ard question

Hi there, I am holding China (People's Republic) passport and I will be flying SIN-HKG-TPE (OW ticket), then first sector of my TPE-HKG-SIN (RT) in one day... I have a HK visa (first time hearing it?) and I am wondering would CX issue me with all 3 boarding passes and allow me to transfer in TPE. I heard that anyone is allowed to transit in TPE without the visa so long that person does not leave the terminal.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I did a similar thing many months ago because of my routing sequence. I was supposed to go to TPE, but the meeting was moved. However, because the HKG-TPE-HKG is only part of the ticket, I had to fly those sectors. I did a full transit turnaround in TPE. Here is what I recall (from my memory):
* I went to transit.
* Showed my boarding pass and pass transit security.

I did not recall needing to show my passport at all, but my memory is fading away, as I do not require a visit to enter TPE.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:26 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Just happen to see the posting in this website. Based on what it is written, no visa is required for transit.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much...

BTW anyone has overnight staying experience in TPE airport? I am not referring to the Evergreen Transfer Hotel because it's only for travelers on BR or CI metal. For one to be traveling in CX (YES!) may need to lodge in the departure area overnight... In that case, any police license needed or something? Anyone has done before?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Ans my own queries

Having personally travelled HKG-TPE-HKG turn around, there is no doubt that this way of flying is possible, may be I would try TPE-NRT-TPE turn around or TPE-KIX-TPE turn around next time since no visa is needed for transit in Japan.

Anyway, I would really like to comment on the ground staff at TPE as they are really helpful, polite and friendly, especially Vicky Hsu! However, both she and I was surprised that both SIN and HKG refused to issue me my ex-TPE boarding pass... Is it always the case?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 1:51 pm

For the one time I did the turnaround, my return BP was issued in HKG. (I was on CX not KA.)

In fact, for the other cases that I did enter TPE, I specifically asked the agents not to issue the return BPs as I would mostly likely take earlier flights.

Perhaps the traveling documents made the difference.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 4:37 am
Original Poster

LOL, perhaps the MPO status also makes a difference... I have noticed that the queue at MPO/J class check in lane (both airside transit and land side) is always stagnant and manned by only one or a few agents, while the economy class lanes, manned by several agents, seems to be clearing faster than us...
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by linx823
LOL, perhaps the MPO status also makes a difference... I have noticed that the queue at MPO/J class check in lane (both airside transit and land side) is always stagnant and manned by only one or a few agents, while the economy class lanes, manned by several agents, seems to be clearing faster than us...
Do you mean HKG or TPE?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Sry... I meant HKG...
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:10 pm

I notice that the MPO/J lines are sometime long, but I still feel that the Y lines seem longer. Depending on the time of day, sometimes there is no waiting for the MPO/J lines.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I notice that the MPO/J lines are sometime long, but I still feel that the Y lines seem longer. Depending on the time of day, sometimes there is no waiting for the MPO/J lines.
have you accounted for TPE (or such) flights? I've seen both lines almost equally long...
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by kaka
have you accounted for TPE (or such) flights? I've seen both lines almost equally long...
I normally check in at 5:45-7:30am or 1-2pm. I do not check in at J or Y, but I have been paying some attention to the check-in situation over there, especially recently. Between 5:45-7:30am, the J line is very short, and there is no waiting from time to time. Between 1-2pm, there are normally queues in J check-in, but are much shorter than Y and the line move quick fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.