Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Automatic seating assignment for Marco Polo members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P

I noticed that I received assigned seat numbers automatically for my last two bookings in J and Y. Is this something new?
I used to have to reserve the seats manually through MPC hotline.

As PPS members on SQ, we are allowed to specify preferred seat number for each aircraft type and whenever we make a booking, that particular seat will be assigned to us automatically if it is available.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:45 am

Programs: CXDM, SQ Gold, SPG, HHonors and Shangri-La
I can't see CX being that savvy with its IT functionality Maybe your agent did you a favour without getting consent?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:24 am
Original Poster

I think my agent is too lazy to do that for me , and doubt that they even know it is an MPC benefit (for Y bookings).
Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

I am now convinced that it is done by MPC automatically.
Some seat numbers (all in the very front of Y cabin) mysteriously showed up on my booking (a different one from the original post).
I asked my TA and they said they didn't do any seat requests.

Nice... ^
Old Nov 12, 2007, 7:40 pm

Programs: CX, Shangri-La, UA
Originally Posted by StarG
I am now convinced that it is done by MPC automatically.
I became convinced of this a few weeks back too. . .I kept getting the first row in Y on my HKG-PEK flights on KA, and my TA swore he wasn't assigning me seats.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 7:48 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by sjohan01
I became convinced of this a few weeks back too. . .I kept getting the first row in Y on my HKG-PEK flights on KA, and my TA swore he wasn't assigning me seats.
Why not me? One time they change the equipment from 744 to 74J and threw me to the back of the plane. When I check-in, the lady asked whether I chose that seat. I said CX chose that for me. She immmediately moved me to the front.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:05 am
Suspended

Well at least CX allocate better seats, on BA and QF they always allocate the crappy seats (lower deck MIDDLE of the 3 of 4 on BA) for J Class!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:47 am

I noticed that I received assigned seat numbers automatically for my last two bookings in J and Y. Is this something new?
I used to have to reserve the seats manually through MPC hotline.
CX newbie here - is there someplace I can go to read up on tips/tricks to getting seat assignments? I'm in J, but can't assign my seats (TA grabbed some for me, but I'd like to adjust).

I looked for a FAQ and searched the CX forum, but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Extra
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: CX, Shangri-La, UA
Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt
CX newbie here - is there someplace I can go to read up on tips/tricks to getting seat assignments? I'm in J, but can't assign my seats (TA grabbed some for me, but I'd like to adjust).

Thanks,
Extra
What flight? When? Some are blocked
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks,
Extra
I don't think you need any 'tricks' to reserve your seat if travelling in J.
Just call up your local Cathay Pacific reservations and ask them to do it.
It is a benefit for flying J.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:26 pm

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX

Thanks,
Extra
Do you mean exit row seats? You won't be able to assign them unless you've got elite oneworld status.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by kchika
Do you mean exit row seats? You won't be able to assign them unless you've got elite oneworld status.
Thanks to all for the answers...
Flying J. I'm oneworld Sapphire (AA Platinum) - and I'd like exit row (how could you guess ). LAX->HKG in early December.

So, just call CX reservations? My travel agent said they could not book it for me, as I was not CX elite.

Thanks again!
Extra
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Flying J. I'm oneworld Sapphire (AA Platinum) - and I'd like exit row (how could you guess ). LAX->HKG in early December.

So, just call CX reservations? My travel agent said they could not book it for me, as I was not CX elite.

Thanks again!
Extra
Calling CX res will probably be the best, but it may still be difficult to get 86A/C/H/K. Is your ticket on CX stock (160)?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX

Thanks again!
Extra
Yes, call CX Reservations and tell them you are OW Sapphire and you want row 86.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Calling CX res will probably be the best, but it may still be difficult to get 86A/C/H/K. Is your ticket on CX stock (160)?
I was on the AA code share flight number.

The good news, I called and after some level of discussion and "hold please", I got put in Row 86.

Bad news, 1 hour after all this, trip was cancelled - so it's all moot.

Thanks for the info though - I hate to be one of those who just disappear without giving feedback

Extra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.