Community
Wiki Posts
Search

celebrity sightings in CX?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:51 am

Saw the well-known Tony Chan in F on HKG-JFK back in August, then just a week ago I saw Jin Au Yeung in J going JFK-HKG.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
Saw the well-known Tony Chan in F on HKG-JFK back in August, then just a week ago I saw Jin Au Yeung in J going JFK-HKG.
Only in J huh, guess the rapping business isn't doing too well....
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Someone I know who is a household name in HK told me the story that on CX in J, the FA addressed the westerner sitting next to him by his name, not realising.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by hau cheng
Someone I know who is a household name in HK told me the story that on CX in J, the FA addressed the westerner sitting next to him by his name, not realising.
Andy Lau? Jacky Cheung? Chow Yun-Fatt?

Anyway, I was once flying with a HK movie star and his wife and son (forgot his name, he was in the same TV series "Shanghai Tang" with Chow Yun-Fatt), it was regional J (HKG-PVG) only so his family and I sit in the same row.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:55 pm

I've seen Choi Lan(Gourmet Food TV Program Host in HK) on CX548 to Narita in February 2010.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: CX DM, UA Prem Plat
Saw Leon and his entourage SFO-HKG. At the lounge, he was yelling at his helper to get him a drink. Must have had a bad day that day. He flew first but his entourage were in Y.

Originally Posted by MajorFloyd
I saw Leon Lai at least 10 years ago flying HKG-LAX. I believe he was on his way to shoot a music video in Mexico. He was obviously in F, and looking like a star that he should with sunglasses and leather jacket, he stood inside the jetway after the plane landed to wait for his assistants.

Not on CX but on some transatlantic flight, my friend had The Edge, guitarist of U2, and Gwen Stefani, lead singer of No Doubt, on the same flight one time.

Getting even further from topic, I even bumped into Myolie Wu (Wu Hung Yee) in a vineyard of Italy in October 2005 while TVB was shooting a program. I did take a CX flight to FCO though.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by MajorFloyd
I saw Leon Lai at least 10 years ago flying HKG-LAX. I believe he was on his way to shoot a music video in Mexico.
Sugar In The Marmalade (In Miami, FL)?

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Anyway, I was once flying with a HK movie star and his wife and son (forgot his name, he was in the same TV series "Shanghai Tang" with Chow Yun-Fatt), it was regional J (HKG-PVG) only so his family and I sit in the same row.
Ray Liu?

Originally Posted by aeroflyer88
Saw Leon and his entourage SFO-HKG. At the lounge, he was yelling at his helper to get him a drink. Must have had a bad day that day. He flew first but his entourage were in Y.
Don't assume star are friendly - in some cases - they are the worst of DYKWIA...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:47 pm
Suspended

I knew there was a thread like in AC...but never knew CX had one!

Any recent celebrities spotted?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
I knew there was a thread like in AC...but never knew CX had one!

Any recent celebrities spotted?
Asian celebs I've been on flights with recently (in the same cabin) ...
- Shu Qi (TPE-HKG in F)
- Sandy Lam (XMN-HKG in J)
- ex-CNN anchor Lorraine Hahn (BKK-HKG in J)

Several years back I flew HKG-AMS with Laura Fygi

Last edited by Psychiatrist; Mar 20, 2013 at 2:07 am Reason: add content
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:06 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
my parents once saw the family of the Panasonic dealer in HK a few CNYs ago. possibly in '07 or '09
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by kaka
my parents once saw the family of the Panasonic dealer in HK a few CNYs ago. possibly in '07 or '09
"the family of the Panasonic dealer"? celebrity?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:50 am

On CX/KA flights, my list goes:

梁振英 (To Beijing, before he became CE of HK)
甄子丹 (To Shanghai, he is short)
關菊英,陳法拉 (From Singapore, together)
余詩曼 (To Shanghai)
葉倩文 (From Kuala Lumpur)
陳沛嘉 (To Shanghai, she is one of HK top models)

陳法蓉 (In HK CX lounges, 2 times)
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:00 am

Don't hong kong stars travel by private planes the way American stars do? I mean domestic J, it should be an insult to them...
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Don't hong kong stars travel by private planes the way American stars do? I mean domestic J, it should be an insult to them...
Not TVB ones at least, most of them are still living in 1000 sq/ft or so apartments like the rest of us.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer888
"the family of the Panasonic dealer"? celebrity?
oh i've seen CY Leung on the AEX as well, a terrible person if you ask me.

Celebrity? that really depends on what do you mean by celebrity. He's the person who imported rice cookers to HK back in the 60s/70s and many japanese electronic equipments that transformed lives of many. if you rate some random obscure person who's been on tv as celebrity then why not him.
whether or not you think he is, that's a different matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.