Community
Wiki Posts
Search

celebrity sightings in CX?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2005, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
how about takeshi kaneshiro? anyone seen him in cx?
Based in Taiwan, I think, he is a personality hired by JL to promote its Japan-Taiwan services offered by subsidiary EG. I would think JL would not want him to be seen flying CX on Japan-Taiwan routes at least.
Old May 23, 2005, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
I c... have you seen Jet Li flying CX,,, it seems like Jet Li alwaysa take airfrance ( when he goes to europe ), how about when he goes to china or hongkong?
Old May 24, 2005, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I c... have you seen Jet Li flying CX,,, it seems like Jet Li alwaysa take airfrance ( when he goes to europe ), how about when he goes to china or hongkong?
I have only run into Jet Lau on the first floor.
Old May 24, 2005, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

who is jet lau?

who is he?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Josh hartnett

Josh hartnett First class August 9 CX918 MNL-HKG and HKG-LAX CX 880 First Class. He is a nice guy.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:43 am

Renee Zellweger on CX889 from JFK to YVR last year (very low key and impeccably behaved).

Thomas Kwok on CX889 from YVR to HKG 2 weeks ago.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:55 am

Programs: MP Diamond
Leon Lai and gf (some HK model who I now forget) on HKG - JFK. I was in 2k and they were in the middle seats in row 2.

Very polite to fans and the crew on the flight. And he 'helped' me score a second serving of caviar. He asked for one, and got it, and they offered to me as I was stting right across the aisle.

I had absolutely no idea who they were until I asked the FA on my way out the door. I knew something was up when they boarded and people ran up from J to have their pics taken with Leon and to ask for autographs.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Josh hartnett First class August 9 CX918 MNL-HKG
Indeed - my fiancee was amongst those queuing up to have their pic taken at baggage reclaim (someone needs to tell him about checking baggage through!)
Old Aug 10, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
don't think he is considered much of a celebrity, but saw Joel Robuchon on NRT-HKG in June in F, and not surprisingly, he brought his own food..
Old Aug 11, 2007, 7:27 am
Original Poster

hi chris step

u from manila or hong kong? I go home lax-mnl-lax like once every 6 weeks. maybe u and your girlfriend we can meet up at the lounge one of these days.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by christep
Indeed - my fiancee was amongst those queuing up to have their pic taken at baggage reclaim (someone needs to tell him about checking baggage through!)
I hope you extracted maximum fiance (right to tease) mileage from that, christep.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 8:26 pm

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Don't know if she's considered a celebrity or not, but I saw Sabrina Ho and his brother on CX255 in J back in February.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Brigitte Lin (Lin Ching Hsia) in J on a HKG-TPE hop Mar. 2003. Sat across aisle from her. Had ticket stub autographed don't know where it is now.

For the unmotivated heres the imdb profile on Lin http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0510857/
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Premier, SWA Rapid Rewards, Alaska Air Mileage Plan, AAdvantage, CX Marco Polo
HKG-TPE is the Cantopop Express

Several years ago I flew CX J from HKG-TPE and saw Karen Mok sitting across us, wearing dark glasses. She got on at the last minute (as typical for entertainment types).

A couple of years ago, spotted Sammo Hung before, during and after a BR flight from HKG - TPE. He actually signed some autographs for fans in the baggage claim area at Taoyuan Airport.

The Hong Kong to Taipei flights are good for spotting entertainers - because of the pop stars in one locale are often popular in the other area, and they may do recording/filming in both places.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by janes addiction
Leon Lai and gf (some HK model who I now forget) on HKG - JFK. I was in 2k and they were in the middle seats in row 2.

Very polite to fans and the crew on the flight. And he 'helped' me score a second serving of caviar. He asked for one, and got it, and they offered to me as I was stting right across the aisle.

I had absolutely no idea who they were until I asked the FA on my way out the door. I knew something was up when they boarded and people ran up from J to have their pics taken with Leon and to ask for autographs.
Was on the same flight with him but on SQ's new B777-300ER in F.
He & Gayle Lok (girlfriend) were accross the aisle from me.
Very nice couple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.