Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Business Class Specials to HKG

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2004, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Any Business Class Specials to HKG

Wondering if anyone knew of any Travel Agency or Special on CX to HKG from LAX or JFK ?
Old May 25, 2004, 1:56 am

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
MNL-LAX-MNL on I class

Originally Posted by swaghmar
Wondering if anyone knew of any Travel Agency or Special on CX to HKG from LAX or JFK ?

less than $ 1,850.00 ( tax included ) You can buy it thru travel agency in Manila
Old May 25, 2004, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I think the poster would have to get to MNL first. I believe he wanted to know the fare FROM West coast USA to HKG ..
Old May 25, 2004, 5:22 am

Recommend Manila agent for cheap MNL-LAX-MNL

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
less than $ 1,850.00 ( tax included ) You can buy it thru travel agency in Manila
Can someone recommend a Manila agent for issuing el cheapo Business/Class tickets (I understand I will have to fly thru Manila).
Thanks.
Old May 25, 2004, 7:16 am
Suspended

Let me get this right? LAX/JFK-HKG-MNL-HKG RT for $1850 on CX only in J? Doesn't sound correct, but where?

Last edited by Cygnus X-1; May 25, 2004 at 7:20 am
Old May 25, 2004, 8:42 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by Cygnus X-1
Let me get this right? LAX/JFK-HKG-MNL-HKG RT for $1850 on CX only in J? Doesn't sound correct, but where?
The $1850 fare is for MNL-LAX-MNL which is not what the OP was asking for. Also it's most probably on PR and most certainly not CX.
Old May 25, 2004, 9:12 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Two possibilities:

1) Buy an All-Asia pass for $999 round-trip and upgrade for about $1100 each way transpac into business. You get no miles however.

2) I think there is an I fare, ex-LAX, for about $4500 r/t but I do not know what the restrictions are.
Old May 25, 2004, 9:24 am
Suspended

The lowest I have is about 3K to LAX/SFO-TPE. 3.6K from JFK-TPE.
Old May 25, 2004, 9:33 am
Suspended

CXleverage.com is down right now (for me, anyway) but last time I checked it, LAX-HKG-TPE-HKG-LAX in business was about $2258.50 r/t.
Old May 25, 2004, 1:12 pm

Programs: NWA WorldPerks, UA Mileage Plus & CX Marco Polo
WOW... I have to sign up for CXLeverage! I'm looking to fly business (was soliciting asiamiles to upgrade in the forum earlier) And with the $1000 fare my consolidator is offering me for midweek travel to PEK or TPE, and the $1,500 eco fare on CX, this seems like a great deal.

Edited to clarify.
Old May 26, 2004, 12:45 am

you think i am liar?

call the biggest travel agency in manila, maybe philippines

UNI- Orient

if you are from USA call 011632243-3888

look for june grace or pwe shan

the business class fare is an I- class business.

The first class is gross fare , only business has a net net fare.

tell them john ling referred you guys. thanks

btw, try EVA air's business class mnl-lax-mnl for less than $ 1,400.00

when sars hitted hkg last year, you can purchase an I - class for less than 1,500.00 round trip.

only manila, bkk, tpe, and CMB got low fares in business class if you're departing in those cities.... enjoy.......

Last edited by JNLentertainment; May 26, 2004 at 12:48 am
Old May 26, 2004, 3:42 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Nobody's calling you a liar, you are simply aswering a different question. The original poster asked for cheap business class fares from LAX or JFK to HKG. Your response doesn't address this question at all.
Old May 26, 2004, 10:49 am

well they stated above that where did i get those prices even though it's mnl-lax-mnl. well to the guy who posted above contacted me too and asked about how to get those prices. Anyways what you can do fly one way LAX- MNL then purchase a one way far from MNL- HKG- LAX for less than a thousand on I- class for business but gross fare for F class.
Old May 26, 2004, 11:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
you think i am liar?
NO ONE said you were a liar-- you answered a question that was entirely different than what the OP asked and then people tried to clarify. Fares ex-MNL (and many other Asian cities) are much, much cheaper than fares ex-USA. Go back and read the original question and maybe you'll understand.
Old May 26, 2004, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
NO ONE said you were a liar-- you answered a question that was entirely different than what the OP asked and then people tried to clarify. Fares ex-MNL (and many other Asian cities) are much, much cheaper than fares ex-USA. Go back and read the original question and maybe you'll understand.

as bp 888 says- "The $1850 fare is for MNL-LAX-MNL which is not what the OP was asking for. Also it's most probably on PR and most certainly not CX."

The first sentence is right, the second one is not. he is most certain not on CX , well you are wrong. Thats what I am talking about. i am not questioning this statement "The $1850 fare is for MNL-LAX-MNL which is not what the OP was asking for."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.