Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Is HKG same day turn around possible now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is HKG same day turn around possible now?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I have seen some CX overnight connecting flights with way more than 10 hours. i.e. arriving from SYD at 5am and depart for JFK 2am next morning. Since hotel will not be an option here, should I avoid those flights or I can use Pier to sleep?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
FWIW I arranged to have a business meeting airside in DOH in October 2020 with a supplier from HKG. I am UK based, and was travelling from LHR with 8 hours scheduled at DOH.

I didn’t think anything of it as transit pax in DOH did not need any form of documentation.

However I discovered at LHR that a back-to-back is NOT considered “transit” even if you don’t physically use immigration and stay airside. You would still need to have all he correct paperwork for immigration to board the plane even if you have no intention of going landside.

Furthermore, the ticket, a Qatar business class flight booked through BA, I was unable to get a refund as technically I didn’t have the right immigration paperwork.

Edit: the “resolution” would be to buy a refundable ticket to, say, Turkey (which had lax restrictions) from DOH, and then it would have been considered a transit even if you had no intention of flying to Turkey. At that time one could transit DOH on two separate tickets.
dw and littlevoices like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Chan Long Tin
It would work now, transfer desk has opened since 01Aug.
Great to know! I see this is also indirectly reflected at https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/i...638782054297-2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.