Wiki Posts
Search

HKG-SYD cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles
HKG-SYD cancelled

Asiamiles rep called me and said my HKG-SYD J award one way on Qantas for Sep 19 was cancelled. Qantas has cancelled all flights until Nov 1, after which they can rebook but that's too late for me. So I went ahead and got the refund, which will take 5 days to process.

Is there anything else I should have asked for? (or call back and ask for?) Would they have been able to rebook me on another airline? I guess I can try that myself after 5 days but now I'm worried about availability. If Qantas are not flying does that leave Cathay as the only direct route from HKG to SYD?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:02 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Yes CX is the only direct airline flying from SYD to Hong Kong. Even QF restarting in November I think is optimistic.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by OzHK
Asiamiles rep called me and said my HKG-SYD J award one way on Qantas for Sep 19 was cancelled. Qantas has cancelled all flights until Nov 1, after which they can rebook but that's too late for me. So I went ahead and got the refund, which will take 5 days to process.

Is there anything else I should have asked for? (or call back and ask for?) Would they have been able to rebook me on another airline? I guess I can try that myself after 5 days but now I'm worried about availability. If Qantas are not flying does that leave Cathay as the only direct route from HKG to SYD?
If you wished to fly back to SYD, I wonder why you did not ask to be rerouted on CX on 17 or 20 september.
J awards are hard to come by and AM might have might have been able to get one on CX. No chance to be rerouted on another OW airline.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Yes CX is the only direct airline flying from SYD to Hong Kong. Even QF restarting in November I think is optimistic.
QF also says that they'll resume flights to China in October, it is completely speculative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.