Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

All CX scheduled flights vanish from 30th31st Oct 22 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum (For Life), Royal Orchid Sliver

I have been looking at Expertflyer availability, and from 30th Oct 2022, all CX flights from LHR, CDG, JFK are all shown as operated by QR via DOH, all direct flights from LAX operated via HND.

All direct flights from SYD/MEL operated with MH or ANA via KL or HND, respectively, BKK flights are PG via Samui, all CX flights seem to end on 30th/31st Oct?

When trying to book on the CX website, "We cannot find flights for the specified date. Please try again by selecting alternate dates. (9100/931).”
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Inventory hasn't been loaded. It's not clear whether they will be in business at that point.

-Chris
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:35 am

The 9 countries ban will extend to April 20. So Cathay Pacific is possibly in the midst of updating its schedule for April.
At least they can cancel all the return flights from UK/Australia/Canada/USA/France/Philippines/India/Pakistan/Nepal till April 20 now.

Carfield
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Carfield
The 9 countries ban will extend to April 20.
Is this your (educated) guess or do you have a source you don't mind sharing?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
It's all over all the news, see e.g. this SCMP article - https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
It's all over all the news, see e.g. this SCMP article - https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage
Thanks! I saw the stringent social-distancing measures part of the news but somehow didn't see the flights ban part when I was reading news from other sources. Appreciate it.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Balls. I’m supposed to be flying to Oz via HK on 19th! Oh well, I’ve kind of been expecting this…
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Just looked on matrix and there are no Cathay flights LHR-HKG on 19 April. There are some showing through MAN but I expect they’ll be cancelled soon!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Just looked on matrix and there are no Cathay flights LHR-HKG on 19 April. There are some showing through MAN but I expect they’ll be cancelled soon!
There are HKG-LHR flights through SQ
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:37 am

There is a scheduled maintenance on CX website tonight between 12am and 5am HK local time (Feb 25).
Maybe CX will update its schedule for 2nd quarter and beyond overnight.

There is also a report of passenger cap on flights from Hong Kong to Mainland, as requested by Mainland authority.

Maybe you can check tomorrow morning and see if CX provides any updates on future schedule.

Carfield
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
There are HKG-LHR flights through SQ
There are also flights on AY from HKG to LHR via HEL too. Finnair seems to be relaunching flights to Hong Kong on April 2 (HEL-HKG) and 3 (HKG-HEL)

Emirates/Turkish Airlines/Singapore Airlines/Thai Airways are all maintaining flights to Europe via their respective hubs through March. Fares are on the high side for J though. Qatar Airways for some reasons has their fares bumped all the way up to 40K in J. TG seems to maintain a relatively low J O/W fare of $15HKD. Of course the trick is always on the return flight. Fares are high through March 20.

Carfield
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:31 am
JWo

Programs: MPC DM / UA *A Gold / Hyatt Glob / SPG Gold
Schedule for April and May is out: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...e-fly-now.html
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
So I have a flight from HKG to BOS in May, it is not listed in the schedules, does that mean I need to look for rebooking via NYC or SFO now?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: CX, TG, MF, Accor All, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
www coronavirus gov hk/eng/inbound-travel.html
(I can't post links yet)

List of Specified Places with Flight Suspension. To April 20: Australia, Canada, France, India, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, the United States of America
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by 350zrx330
So I have a flight from HKG to BOS in May, it is not listed in the schedules, does that mean I need to look for rebooking via NYC or SFO now?
I have a flight from HKG to UK on April and the flight was not longer listed.
I called CX yesterday and the friendly agent told me that my flight was indeed cancelled. However, she was not authorized to handle all the rebooking. She told me that someone will contact me within three days and tells me how they can rebook me or how can I request a refund!
I will update my experience once I get the "email". Since it is weekend here in HK, I will wait till tomorrow before calling CX again. Things are sort of a mess here as Hong Kong is in the midst of a fifth wave. The agent told me that the "manage the booking" team will provide me with options to rebook on the flights that they find me, or I can proceed with refund.

I presume that CX will start contacting you within the next few days. They possibly will start from the passengers, who are flying out on the beginning of April first, and then just go down the list.

I myself have already looked at options and gotten a plan. I urge you to do the same. At least you know what to do when the email comes or when the agent calls!

Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.