Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

A New Marco Polo Club / Asia Miles Membership Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

A revamped program is coming: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ntent=HOMEPAGE.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:19 pm

Well, the small but slightly meaningful if you're flying economy Green benefits are going away. I'd be sad if they hadn't killed the main route I flew on them already.
feh likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:21 pm

Priority online check-in? Really CX? Give me a break.So basically no more Marco Polo Club and got rid of any meaningful benefits from Green members (Everyone is green). RIP.

Marco Polo Club members

Diamond, Gold, and Silver members
  • Your membership status will be extended until 31 December 2022, so you can experience the programme when the world opens up.
  • You can find your existing Asia Miles and Status Points (formerly club points) balance in the elevated Cathay member profile, where you’ll be able to see everything in the one place.
  • You’ll immediately unlock access to a range of new lifestyle experiences and rewards.
  • We want to make it easier for you to retain your status. That’s why you’ll be able to enjoy another status extension until 31 December 2023 if you fly with Cathay Pacific, spend with your co-branded credit card, convert Asia Miles from credit card partners, or shop with Cathay Pacific in 2022. We’ll be sharing more details on this soon.
Green members
  • Your Asia Miles and Status Points balance will be transferred to your Cathay member profile.
  • You can continue to enjoy your Marco Polo Club Green member benefits until the end of your membership year. After that, you’ll switch to the Cathay Green member benefits.
  • While you’ll retain existing benefits such as extra-legroom seats and extra luggage redemption, you’ll no longer have access to Premium Economy check-in counters, priority boarding and lounges.
CX HK likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Changes to MPC announced

Just got an email that my Diamond membership has been "elevated." Looks to be an announcement about the changes to consolidate MPC and AM profile pages and merge the program into a more logical structure. I was surprised (and pleased) to see that my Diamond membership has been extended through December 2022. I guess they will do this for everyone and status will then accrue through the calendar year, right? Less confusing, so I see that as a good change if so.

They also hinted about a way to extend status again through 2023:

We're also offering you more ways to keep your status besides flying with us. Simply use our co-branded credit card, convert miles from credit card partners, or shop with Cathay Pacific in 2022, and we'll extend your status through to 31 December 2023. We’ll share more about this soon – so stay tuned.
I wonder what that's about, especially the "shop with Cathay Pacific" part. Stay tuned indeed I shall.

EDIT: @Admin - maybe merge with another thread? wasn't sure which was most appropriate

-Chris
Cryofern likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by cmiller11101
Just got an email that my Diamond membership has been "elevated." Looks to be an announcement about the changes to consolidate MPC and AM profile pages and merge the program into a more logical structure. I was surprised (and pleased) to see that my Diamond membership has been extended through December 2022. I guess they will do this for everyone and status will then accrue through the calendar year, right? Less confusing, so I see that as a good change if so.

They also hinted about a way to extend status again through 2023:

I wonder what that's about, especially the "shop with Cathay Pacific" part. Stay tuned indeed I shall.

EDIT: @Admin - maybe merge with another thread? wasn't sure which was most appropriate

-Chris
Also extending Club/Status points etc to 2022.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
So they get rid of the $100 annual fee for Green and the main benefits. Huh.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:43 pm

New perk flagged for Diamonds:

"When Diamond members use Miles Plus Cash to redeem flights with Cathay Pacific, they’ll be granted special rates on miles – meaning that you’ll save even more on your reward flight. *To be introduced in Q4 2022"
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:13 pm

Also received a survey today for their US and Canada co-branded credit card customers. Looks like the credit cards may be revamped in the future to align with the new Standard Charted credit card that HK has. (spend to earn status points, bonus categories, PEY check in, and increase annual fee)

36902BRF likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 11:50 pm

All this effort and I see nothing in the changes that would make any existing MPC member excited. Not sure how this benefits any member.
TomYoung and feh like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:14 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CX HK
All this effort and I see nothing in the changes that would make any existing MPC member excited. Not sure how this benefits any member.
It would appear the big revamp will happen mid next year. Not sure if it’s just the name change or if it will be a bigmprogram
change too.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Hope CX will introduce a lifetime status programme.
CX HK likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
10%+ of HK population would become lifetime Green?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by SKRan
10%+ of HK population would become lifetime Green?
It seems everyone will become lifetime green by Jul. 2022, but most of the associated benefits will also be taken away.
I'm close to 1M myself (would have made it in 2020 if not COVID-19) and hope to have lifetime SL. Even if CX sets it at 1.5M, at least I will know that's something achievable.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I have been hoping for this for a while; at least it seems that the "easy money" era of CX is over and they will have to do more to retain customers, so they may finally rethink their no lifetime status policy.

But it looks like changes are only starting to be rolled out towards the middle of next year - not sure what is taking them so long.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by CX HK
..... to be rolled out towards the middle of next year - not sure what is taking them so long.
IT implementation ?
Cryofern likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.