Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Asia Miles Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

JAL Asia Miles Redemption

I'm trying to book YVR-NRT-CTS with Asia Miles. There is availability in J on YVR-NRT and Y on NRT-CTS when searching separately but searching YVR-CTS won't bring up those results. Do I have to call in to book that? How many miles would that be?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I'm trying to book YVR-NRT-CTS with Asia Miles. There is availability in J on YVR-NRT and Y on NRT-CTS when searching separately but searching YVR-CTS won't bring up those results. Do I have to call in to book that? How many miles would that be?
If mixed cabin, need to call. Mileage requirement will be prorated based on distance.

Edit: But, YVR-NRT is within 5000 miles while YVR-NRT-CTS is not. In this case, you are slightly better off redeeming separate tickets (61000 AM for YVR-NRT in U + 10000 AM for NRT-CTS in T = 71000 AM total as opposed to mixed cabin which would be roughly 71600~71700 AM). JL through-check across separate oneworld PNRs anyway. You can still call to see if they can put both tickets in 1 PNR if they can override any married segment issues.

Last edited by ernestnywang; Jun 12, 2020 at 10:43 pm
Old Jun 14, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Mixed cabin with intl. J + JAL domestic doesn't work well online, I think it's because "Class J" is not available for redemption and the website doesn't try to fallback to Y. Anyway, when I tried to book this type of itinerary earlier, I didn't find any married segment limitations, i.e. if two segments are available separately you can book them as one ticket by call/chat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.