Wiki Posts
Search

London Flight Full During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2020, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC Silver
London Flight Full During COVID-19

So my flight to LHR from HKG got cancelled and was changed to a flight 2 days earlier. I'm completely fine with this but I've looked at the seat maps on expert flyer and all 3 classes are completely full! The flight is on 29/5/2020 and there doesn't seem to be anything special going on that day. Anyone got any ideas on why?

I'm honestly baffled, especially with every other flight at only 30% capacity.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Expert Flyer does not show a CX flight on May 29. Lots of seats available on the May 28 flight, although it looks like the rear of the plane is blocked for now.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Expert Flyer does not show a CX flight on May 29. Lots of seats available on the May 28 flight, although it looks like the rear of the plane is blocked for now.
You might have looked at another destination. As opposed to BA and VS flights, CX251/252 (only twice weekly) have decent loads. On May 29, the seat map would suggest that the flight is very full.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
You might have looked at another destination. As opposed to BA and VS flights, CX251/252 (only twice weekly) have decent loads. On May 29, the seat map would suggest that the flight is very full.
sorry, I looked LHR-HKG the first time. Yes, 251 on the 28th shows no availability in all classes on EF, while the seat map shows some Y seats open, and some blocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.