Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX888/CX865 Seat Questions and Lounge Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX888/CX865 Seat Questions and Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
The flight (both direction) is mostly empty in Y/PEY, so if saving Avios is your concern, I would go ahead and book Y. Sometimes PEY is more filled than Y which makes it even less comfortable, IMO.
Thanks. Actually not that empty. But that's probably because I'm doing a Friday night flight.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Hey guys, when flying F on 888, am I entitled to Flagship lounge access at JFK? What about flagship dining?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by itripreport
Hey guys, when flying F on 888, am I entitled to Flagship lounge access at JFK? What about flagship dining?
Normally it would be yes and yes. But 888 ends in JFK and you'd have to clear immigration. Are you connecting in JFK? If not you probably won't be able to get back to airside.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:01 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by eagle215
They are good seats, I would avoid 11's and 19's

11 is noisy and light pollution. 19 has no window.
Only after 29 March 2020, when the 77K will be flown. Before that 888/865 is the 77A and 11/19 don't have that problem (11 being a better than average seat in the mini-cabin even)
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith
Only after 29 March 2020, when the 77K will be flown. Before that 888/865 is the 77A and 11/19 don't have that problem (11 being a better than average seat in the mini-cabin even)
My bad, I forgot it is the four class plane...
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by percysmith
I thought CX was cancelling YVR-JFK after 29 March 2020?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I thought CX was cancelling YVR-JFK after 29 March 2020?
They are. Mar 27 are the last flights actually.
The HKG-YVR routes will no longer have 4 cabin 777s.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by kevflyer
Normally it would be yes and yes. But 888 ends in JFK and you'd have to clear immigration. Are you connecting in JFK? If not you probably won't be able to get back to airside.
I don’t think Flagship First dining can be accessed using a arrival CX boarding pass. CX F pax departing from JFK need to use the invitation to get in (as FFD is strictly for AA F passengers normally), I don’t think you can have them issue a invitation when connecting to another non-CX flight
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by shd9
I don’t think Flagship First dining can be accessed using a arrival CX boarding pass. CX F pax departing from JFK need to use the invitation to get in (as FFD is strictly for AA F passengers normally), I don’t think you can have them issue a invitation when connecting to another non-CX flight
I can see on AA's website it says it's for AA passengers only. But on CX's website it says:

Access to Flagship First Dining is only available to First Class passengers
Which gave me the impression that those flying on CX F can also use Flagship First dining

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_....html?switch=Y
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
Originally Posted by kevflyer
I can see on AA's website it says it's for AA passengers only. But on CX's website it says:

Which gave me the impression that those flying on CX F can also use Flagship First dining

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_....html?switch=Y
I don't believe arrival on CX F gives access to FFD unless possibly transiting to AA F. For departing JFK on CX F there's a special arrangement that gives pax access to FFD but I believe this is only at JFK.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by synthkeys
I don't believe arrival on CX F gives access to FFD unless possibly transiting to AA F. For departing JFK on CX F there's a special arrangement that gives pax access to FFD but I believe this is only at JFK.
Well, if you are "transiting to AA F" you don't need the CX ticket then.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Well, if you are "transiting to AA F" you don't need the CX ticket then.
Well, technically access to AA Flagship is restricted to qualifying flights as detailed here -- https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
So, if you transiting domestically but not transcontinental, then it's off to the Admirals Club
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:06 pm

Well, technically access to AA Flagship is restricted to qualifying flights as detailed here -- https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
So, if you transiting domestically but not transcontinental, then it's off to the Admirals Club
I think they were talking about Flagship Dining, which is even more restricted.
Getting access to the flagship lounge isn't that hard, relatively, but dining is much harder. If you are going to take a qualifying AA flight then who cares how you arrived. The main question is if you arrived in CX F, and I cannot imagine that anybody cares how you arrived given it isn't an arrival lounge.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I think they were talking about Flagship Dining, which is even more restricted.
Getting access to the flagship lounge isn't that hard, relatively, but dining is much harder. If you are going to take a qualifying AA flight then who cares how you arrived. The main question is if you arrived in CX F, and I cannot imagine that anybody cares how you arrived given it isn't an arrival lounge.
I think this is tricky. CX888/YVRJFK is exactly 5 hours. Oneworld rule is that if you are transiting from a long-haul flight (longer than 5 hours) in J or F to a short-haul flight, you can still access the lounge based on the long-haul sector. I don't know if 5 hours count as longer than 5 hours. Furthermore, in the scope of oneworld rules, F or J alone in North American routes (except any flight to / from MEX and JFK-LAX/SFO and 3-class LAX-BOS/MIA) does not grant pax lounge access, so technically YVR-JFK does not grant pax lounge access, too. It is CX that always makes the exception of giving its pax lounge access at the departing airport. However, when attempting to access lounge when connecting to an AA flight, oneworld rule applies and I'm not sure if one is eligible in this case.

Nevertheless, there shouldn't be a scenario where one can access AC but not FL. FFD is a different thing, but within oneworld rule, if you have access to the AC, you also have access to the FL.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Now here's my question, I'm arriving on 888 in first, and I'm connecting on another flight within terminal 8, so I'm aware I'm allowed into the FL, but FD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.