Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Plus - Upgrade Reward

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Business Plus - Upgrade Reward

Does anyone know that if one uses the Upgrade Reward under CX Business Plus Program, will he/she receive the Club Point & Mileage based on the Purchased cabin class or Upgraded cabin class? Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kevin.cash
Does anyone know that if one uses the Upgrade Reward under CX Business Plus Program, will he/she receive the Club Point & Mileage based on the Purchased cabin class or Upgraded cabin class? Thanks.
Purchased cabin class. This reward is similar as A-card .
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wyskevin
Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:20 pm

Except it can't be used for J-F upgrades. A huge loss compared to the previous program.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
For those of us uninformed, what are the details of the "Business Plus" program?

I see the basics on the CX website herehttps://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ness-plus.html and on the FAQ, but the real details seem sparse. Like how much you have to spend to earn points, tiers, awards, etc.

I have two pertinent questions: Is travel discounted under this program? And do they offer discounted F tickets (lower than ex-HKG A fares)?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by QRC3288
For those of us uninformed, what are the details of the "Business Plus" program?

I see the basics on the CX website herehttps://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ness-plus.html and on the FAQ, but the real details seem sparse. Like how much you have to spend to earn points, tiers, awards, etc.

I have two pertinent questions: Is travel discounted under this program? And do they offer discounted F tickets (lower than ex-HKG A fares)?
The requirement depends on the country or territory you sign up in. Your company must be registered in that jurisdiction, but it doesn't have to be where the headquarters is registered (so it can be where a branch office is located).

AFAIK, no discounts other than that you can use the voucher you receive if you cross certain threshold.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
The requirement depends on the country or territory you sign up in. Your company must be registered in that jurisdiction, but it doesn't have to be where the headquarters is registered (so it can be where a branch office is located).

AFAIK, no discounts other than that you can use the voucher you receive if you cross certain threshold.
There's a small discount. I think the most for Philippine based members is 4%
ernestnywang and JordanWalker like this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288

I cant provide the data in HK but some information in Taiwan.
There are two different kinds of Business Plus programs.

a) As you mentioned, members can get some discounts for the tickets which could only be bought via CX agent.
b) It is more likely MPC programme. Members pay retail price tickets which can be bought via TC or CX, and accumulate Business Plus Points after complete the flights.
More points, more rewards.

Members can only choose either of them to join but most join b) plan I guess..
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
At least for Taiwan, you can also get perks like delaying the ticket time limit by a day (hold the reservation for another day), depending on circumstances.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold
Here's the Business Plus tiering rewards in Taiwan.
JordanWalker likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wyskevin
Thanks. You are right. I see credited Club Point with the purchased cabin class on the record.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
thanks for the information posted above, interesting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.