FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Inflight amenity changes - First and Business - Oct 2019 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1988004-inflight-amenity-changes-first-business-oct-2019-onwards.html)

G-CIVC Sep 19, 2019 11:00 am

Inflight amenity changes - First and Business - Oct 2019 onwards

New stuff coming soon for First Class. Will start with FRA next month and progressively rolled out for the next half year (incl PEK and HND)

Since there have been too many occasions of shameless bloggers (yes, I'm referring to you ~) stealing my content, will keep it to a few spoilers only this time (plus it's CX - as we all saw in JCL eventually it might be just a different thing in the end)

1) New bedding items. Some sound very luxurious and exciting, as if the current offering isn't strong enough. This will keep the seat or at least the sleep part competitive if not industry leading for quite some longer time down the road.

2) New cutlery and menu. Big changes coming for menu offerings (which is good!). More seat side pouring (not just drinks but think soups, sauces...)

3) Amenity kit - no more Aesop, switching to local brand [tbd]

4) There'll be a 'pre-PDB' setup of Sparkling Tea, oshibori and high touch card (finally! my complaints of the missing card has been heard!)

G-CIVC Sep 19, 2019 11:01 am

Oh and for what it's worth, no trials nor training will be conducted unfortunately (as of what's been planned so far)

ernestnywang Sep 19, 2019 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 31542342)
3) Amenity kit - no more Aesop, switching to local brand [tbd]

I've seen that some lounges are no longer using Aesop products. Are they being phased out all together?

agjil Sep 19, 2019 2:40 pm

I'm excited about the new bedding and food options.
Can't wait to try them next year.

Psychiatrist Sep 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Wonderful to hear. I have a longhaul F every month from now till August 2020.

sxc Sep 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang (Post 31543068)
I've seen that some lounges are no longer using Aesop products. Are they being phased out all together?

I understand the new brand is not a local brand (if by local you mean Hong Kong brand).

HKGglobaltrotter Sep 19, 2019 9:14 pm

I got a roundtrip F to JFK in Nov. I hope they will have the enhanced service for JFK which is their flagship F route. They definitely need to do something on their soft product in F...

wyskevin Sep 19, 2019 9:58 pm

It is time to change and glad to hear that...
But this is soft part change. How about the hardware? Any news?

sxc Sep 19, 2019 10:02 pm

No new hardware until the 777X

lkrt Sep 19, 2019 11:50 pm

Sad to see Aesop go. But I hope the new brand will be up to the same quality.

nufnuf77 Sep 20, 2019 12:45 am

Aesop is by far my favourite brand and I do hate what they now use in J amenities and even the WING F showers...

brunos Sep 20, 2019 5:31 am

Originally Posted by wyskevin (Post 31544064)
It is time to change and glad to hear that...
But this is soft part change. How about the hardware? Any news?

The hardware is, to me, the best F seat in the sky.
The screen was a letdown, but it has been improved on the last refresh of the seat (probably not yet on all planes).

tomhenry631 Sep 20, 2019 6:04 am

Thanks for this information.

bagold Sep 20, 2019 7:41 am

Just hope they switch the new caviar out asap.

Cryofern Sep 20, 2019 8:54 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 31544286)
Aesop is by far my favourite brand and I do hate what they now use in J amenities and even the WING F showers...

I've been seeing Aesop in J showers, when I thought Aesop was supposed to be F stuff and Jurlique was for J
so uh
???