Wiki Posts
Search

Garment Bag

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Garment Bag

Good day,

Please forgive me if this is not the right forum to post this. Just wondering if anybody has experience travelling with a suit on CX. Is it possible to bring a garment bag on CX as carry on and to have it put in a closet somewhere? I read that some people have brought wedding dresses on board in the past and had them put in first class somewhere. I’m being flown out to HK for an interview and I am not really keen on having to fold up and wrinkle my suit to fit it in the overhead bin, especially since I won’t have access to an ironing board nor will I have sufficient time to get it dry cleaned prior to the interview. I appreciate any insight. Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
I don't know if they will hang a garment bag for you in the closet - depends how large the garment bag. how much spare room they have, and maybe also depends what class you are in.
That said, no matter what class you are in, they will hang up a suit jacket for you, which is usually good enough to arrive with a jacket that is wearable without needing to be pressed.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:40 pm

I have taken a garment bag several times (flying J to Europe) and they have hung it in the closet for me with no issues. They also usually leave it hanging in the galley after landing so I can pick up as I am leaving the plane as there would be nowhere to hang if they returned to my seat before landing.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:44 pm

Jacket is definitely not an issue, while garment bag may be an issue in coach, but should be ok in J or F.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:37 pm
Suspended

I've never had a problem having them hang my garment bag with three suits in either F or J.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

I should’ve clarified! I’m in travelling in Y. I guess I’ll just ask nicely. I don’t think taking my suit out of the bag would really change much in terms of space. It’s fairly slim.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by CXflyguy
I should’ve clarified! I’m in travelling in Y. I guess I’ll just ask nicely. I don’t think taking my suit out of the bag would really change much in terms of space. It’s fairly slim.
While there aren't any assurances, I'd ask. Wouldn't be surprised if they'd agree if there's space.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:02 am

I travel with a garment bag all the time. In J or PEY they will definitely hang it for you, somewhere up the front of the plane. I guess it is subject to space but I've never had them refuse. It's been a while since I travelled with a garment bag in Y but I seem to recall that they did hang it for me last time I asked.

So you may as well ask; if they say no, just try to lay it flat in the overhead bin, preferably on top of a case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.