Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone use MPC luggage tags?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Does anyone use MPC luggage tags?

There is one luggage tag on my checkin luggage, in case it lost and can be identified.But, does anyone tag it on hand-carry? I have seen some people do so but never done it before.

Yesterday I saw some tags in my drawer. There were green, silver, gold and black ones. Eventually I picked up one green tagged on my hand-carry for the first time. Why? I think green is the true color of CX. (look their logo!) Moreover, it reminds me the good old day of being a green member. At that time, I was a young student, flying 747-400 Y class to Europe. There were the newest movies onboard, great catering (well… ), and lots of inflight snacks! I totally enjoyed the 13 hours flight!

Nowadays, I do fly premium class more often but they don’t excite me anymore. After takeoff, I change to pajamas, sleeping all the way until breakfast. Flying becomes routine.. (Yes, I am old now)

Do anyone use MPC luggage tags too? Well, if you saw one guy in Pier F, hand-carry on a green tag, that could probably be me.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by wyskevin
There is one luggage tag on my checkin luggage, in case it lost and can be identified.But, does anyone tag it on hand-carry? I have seen some people do so but never done it before.

Yesterday I saw some tags in my drawer. There were green, silver, gold and black ones. Eventually I picked up one green tagged on my hand-carry for the first time. Why? I think green is the true color of CX. (look their logo!) Moreover, it reminds me the good old day of being a green member. At that time, I was a young student, flying 747-400 Y class to Europe. There were the newest movies onboard, great catering (well… ), and lots of inflight snacks! I totally enjoyed the 13 hours flight!

Nowadays, I do fly premium class more often but they don’t excite me anymore. After takeoff, I change to pajamas, sleeping all the way until breakfast. Flying becomes routine.. (Yes, I am old now)

Do anyone use MPC luggage tags too? Well, if you saw one guy in Pier F, hand-carry on a green tag, that could probably be me.
I have my Diamond tags on both my hand carry. Mainly because it provides a way of people to reunite me with my luggage if I lose it, but also because sometimes I end up having to check my trolley so better to have it already tagged. I've taken the one off the hand-carry to put on hold luggage at the airport in the past when I realised I didn't have a tag on, or my husband needed one.

But I certainly would not be using the Green one. If you are Diamond, use your Diamond tags! The staff will treat you better.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: CX Gold
I used mine in my checked bags once, the aluminum plate got dented. Now I only hang it on my carry on bags.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE

Oh man, I wish I kept my Green tags! I threw them out a long time ago, thanks to the Kondo in me.

I'll be sure to say hi to you when I see a guy in Pier F with a Green tag
wyskevin likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: MPCGO
I like this thread...
fairhsa and Sozee like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I put mine in another luggage tag instead of the aluminum holder

But my (unachievable) goal is to get the white one
wyskevin likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
If you put it on your handcarry, remove the aluminium holder - it can scratch your bag or your skin (got a nasty cut once from the holder and never used them again).

I put my old DM tag on one side and the new DM tag on the other. Instead of the metal wire, I attach it using fabric coated elastic (or the transparent rubber that QR provides at its check-in counters).

I love it as it's a "road warrior" status symbol. I tag it onto every bag I use for work. It's a nice bag accessory (or bag charm as the fashion industry call it).

It's a conversation starter too - I've been complimented for having a nice bag (Hermès / Berluti / Goyard usually) and then followed up with "I see you're a diamond member too".
wyskevin likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
I actually saw a lot of aluminium holders when picking up luggage at destination - of course a lot of them are bended
wandering_fred likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:16 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I use all my MPC tags, and sometimes the mix gets funny, especially when I have a bag with a Green tag sat next to one with a DM tag.

sometimes i’ve gotten looks at the F boarding lane whilst holding a non-F boarding pass, carrying a bag with a green tag. All good fun though!
wyskevin likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flubber
Oh man, I wish I kept my Green tags! I threw them out a long time ago, thanks to the Kondo in me.

I'll be sure to say hi to you when I see a guy in Pier F with a Green tag
Yes, please do come to say hi...

I have habbit of collecting memorable items. MPC tags are one of them.
The left one is about 15 years old; the right one is bit younger but still aged.
Please note that their holes are oval, not circle. Means they go with plastic leather belt...
It took a while to get through the metal rope..

flubber likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I use all my MPC tags, and sometimes the mix gets funny, especially when I have a bag with a Green tag sat next to one with a DM tag.

sometimes i’ve gotten looks at the F boarding lane whilst holding a non-F boarding pass, carrying a bag with a green tag. All good fun though!
It does sound fun!
I wonder how people think when they saw a guy with green tag but in Pier F.

"Oh, he must fly F class, probably the Happy New Year bug ticket, lucky xxxxx"
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sscywong
I put mine in another luggage tag instead of the aluminum holder

But my (unachievable) goal is to get the white one
It sounds brilliant!
But what is the white one? DM plus?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Well, if you saw one guy in Pier F, hand-carry on a green tag, that could probably be me.
If I do, I will say hi.
wyskevin likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Yes, please do come to say hi...

I have habbit of collecting memorable items. MPC tags are one of them.
The left one is about 15 years old; the right one is bit younger but still aged.
Please note that their holes are oval, not circle. Means they go with plastic leather belt...
It took a while to get through the metal rope..

left one much more elegant looking
wyskevin likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
FWIW - contrary to its original purpose, the luggage tag is to show DYKWIA

Once I was on a CX KUL-HKG flight, the FA was surprised to see my UA 1K tag, rather than a CX tag, on my carry-on. Her look was like just discovered the new world...
infinitium likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.