Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Unable to upgrade because of connection from codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat

Just finished 3 phone calls totally over an hour with MPC.

It appears that my CX161 flight cannot be upgraded because the previous KA flight was sold as a CX codeshare (CX5621). I know that CX5621 cannot using miles for upgrade, however it is new to me that CX161 was unable to be upgrade because of the connection.

None of the agent know the reason of not allowing my CX161 to see any upgrade seats, not even able to put on waitlist. Finally got the MPC agent to talk to a supervisor and found out the reason and change my CX5621 to KA621 to complete my CX161 Y -> PEY mileage upgrade.

Can also confirm that all V class now can be upgrade to PEY, regardless of membership tier. Great move CX!
fairhsa likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Just finished 3 phone calls totally over an hour with MPC.

It appears that my CX161 flight cannot be upgraded because the previous KA flight was sold as a CX codeshare (CX5621). I know that CX5621 cannot using miles for upgrade, however it is new to me that CX161 was unable to be upgrade because of the connection.

None of the agent know the reason of not allowing my CX161 to see any upgrade seats, not even able to put on waitlist. Finally got the MPC agent to talk to a supervisor and found out the reason and change my CX5621 to KA621 to complete my CX161 Y -> PEY mileage upgrade.

Can also confirm that all V class now can be upgrade to PEY, regardless of membership tier. Great move CX!
I thought the V Class Upgrade is limited to BUD upgrades not Mileage upgrade?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by londonexpert
I thought the V Class Upgrade is limited to BUD upgrades not Mileage upgrade?
I thought so as well. however when you book with CX online, V class show as upgradeable. And I have just done my very first V class upgrade using miles. Agent did confirm that V class mileage upgrade does not limit to only Gold/Diamond
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:35 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.