Search

BKK fast track pass

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BKK fast track pass

Hi all,

I'm still a Cathay novice, Having only flown with them a few times in F, J and Y.

I have OWE (BA) and am flying PE EWR-HKG-BKK next Saturday. What do you think my chances are of getting a fast track pass for BKK onboard or deplaning please?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by capin
Hi all,

I'm still a Cathay novice, Having only flown with them a few times in F, J and Y.

I have OWE (BA) and am flying PE EWR-HKG-BKK next Saturday. What do you think my chances are of getting a fast track pass for BKK onboard or deplaning please?
You can try asking the FM , the passes do cost money & are for F & J pax.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Hi all,

Fast track pass only for F and J pax as far as I am aware. Status holders are not entitled for it. Back in November/December last year when I was lining up at the premium lane, I have witnessed a few elite frequent flyers being turned away AT the immigration counter when officers asked for their boarding passes. One SQ PPS member was complaining to the officer that she is a top tiered member and that SQ gave her the pass, etc. The past 3 times I used the fast track the officers had asked me for my boarding pass twice; they told me only F/J pax are entitled to use it for arrival. I am not sure if they are still that strict about this. You could always ask the ISM for one and give it a go albeit you've also be warned about being turned away at the spot!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:10 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
...I am not sure if they are still that strict about this.
used BKK premium lane for entry in mid Jan 2019 once. Didn't ask for boarding pass to check if i was flying J class
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Hi all,

Zero. Elites or anyone in Y and PE zero.
They give FTP to J passengers (and I guess the rare F flights that go into BKK) and that's it.
Plus if you have the pass when you get to Fast Track if the boarding pass doesn't say Business (or First) you don't get to go through.

It was quite the little racket of people buying these or otherwise obtaining them, and not flying in premium classes causing backlogs. No doubt there is a fee as well but with the usual TIT behaviour, it was flight services and whatnot doing more business than premium airlines business so they changed the pass rendering all the hoarded ones useless and made it quite specific that no F or J, no admittance. They certainly looked last time both inbound and outbound - November in December out.

Apparently there is one limo company selling FT but I'd not bet the farm on it. Also I understand they are stocked with one per sold J seat and unless there are a load of monks, APEC people or diplomats refusing them, it's hard to say if there would be any to be had.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:50 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
You can book premium arrival service for HK 242 on Klook in case you don’t want to risk the sometimes very long immigration queues.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Hi all,

Fast track at BKK got tightened up last year and somewhere this February again. There is even Fast track card verification to boarding pass at the Fast track arrival entry (currently no check at departure). No card with proper boarding pass, no entry, so to say.

I got the Fast Track card handed out exiting the airplane (two times in the past 2 days). So it looks, the Fast Track cards are no longer distributed widely among airlines to handout at their choice, but now indeed only for F/J passengers handed out by the gate agent at BKK.

Even wheel chair assistance (arrival) passengers now need a Fast Track card, to be able to use the Fast Track lane. Without that, passengers need to go with their airport guide through the normal immigration lane. Which leads to long waiting times for the assistance to become available Expect waiting times up to 30-45 minutes BKK, are you reading this ?

Last edited by Cambo; Mar 1, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
You can book premium arrival service for HK 242 on Klook in case you don’t want to risk the sometimes very long immigration queues.
inclu buggy?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cambo
Fast track at BKK got tightened up last year and somewhere this February again. There is even Fast track card verification to boarding pass at the Fast track arrival entry (currently no check at departure). No card with proper boarding pass, no entry, so to say.
Yes, earlier this week they were checking BP’s & Fast track cards at the entrance.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

Yes, earlier this week they were checking BP’s & Fast track cards at the entrance.

Wow that is a big tightening ... I use to save some of my fast passes and then use them when there was a massive queue!
fairhsa likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Wow that is a big tightening ... I use to save some of my fast passes and then use them when there was a massive queue!
Yes ! Amazing Thailand

Of course if your Chinese you have a dedicated channel
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:09 am

I hope BKK will start using automated immigration System like Australia! Any rumors for improvement???

Last edited by cdgbear; Mar 2, 2019 at 7:29 am
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by cdgbear
I hope BKK will start using automated immigration System like Australia! Any rumors for improvement???
I don't think so, the Thai immigration system/rules are far to complicated and prone to be bent, an automated system can't handle that.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cambo
the Thai immigration system/rules are far to complicated and prone to be bent.
That’s exactly why Thailand needs an automated system
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Yeah, me too. I have one of the new ones from my last BC flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.