Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK fast track pass

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
A friend of mine talked a purser into providing a fast track card despite travelling in Y from HKG. He got access to the priority area without them checking his boarding pass. I was flying J from SIN and they didn't demand to look at my boarding pass either, we just handed over the fast track cards at the entrance to the priority lane area. Interestingly for the flight from SIN they handed out passes at the door upon arrival whereas the HKG flight he was able to obtain one from a purser.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Last evening from HK in Y. with CX

Fast track lane for over seventies no problem. Through in under 2 minutes.
Bag with first class label was first bag on carousell
Good experience !
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
On arrival to Bangkok, I tried to use my blue fast track pass but was told that this is now an old one and I was despatched to the regular lane.

I’m In suvarnabhumi now on the way home and have just been op upped to business - hooray. (I have ba gold). I passed swiftly through the fast track lane.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I landed at BKK last Friday. The agents now do not have the passes on board, and are met by a CX agent at BKK who does, and J passengers leave by the front door only and are given a pass as they leave. None for PY, Y, status, etc., who are held back and who use the second door or the front after J is empty.

At Fast Track, there are agents who ask for the BP and scan the pass QR code and take it, leaving the immigration officer to process the passenger and landing card only.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I landed at BKK last Friday. The agents now do not have the passes on board, and are met by a CX agent at BKK who does, and J passengers leave by the front door only and are given a pass as they leave.
That's just random. Depends on whether the passes have been loaded at HKG or not. I've had it both ways in the past two months.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Not according to the purser who said too many people trying to mooch out of J due to status, mom is sick, I am the ambassador to Fredonia etc. To me the more strict and the fewer freeloaders the better.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite

Rather annoyingly, I have to stop by a check in counter even if travelling hand luggage only from BKK so that I can get the fast track voucher. A more efficient system would be to scan the BP at the fast track lane and if it was in J/F to permit access based on that. To have a separate paper voucher seems a waste of time and (environmental/human) resource.
royng likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HarryKUK

Rather annoyingly, I have to stop by a check in counter even if travelling hand luggage only from BKK so that I can get the fast track voucher. A more efficient system would be to scan the BP at the fast track lane and if it was in J/F to permit access based on that. To have a separate paper voucher seems a waste of time and (environmental/human) resource.
It is Thailand after all.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I flew CX619 yesterday. I got a Fast Track Pass flying Y as a DM, and my travel companion also got one as OWE. We checked in at the F counters FWIW...

had no issues at the fast track entrance
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by clubeurope
It is Thailand after all.
Exactly & forever changing the system at BKK be it departures or arrivals
Kacee and clubeurope like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:53 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Data point: 5 Apr, entrance to fast track was guarded and looked at my boarding pass very briefly, i unintentionally covered the "business class" wording on boarding pass but no issue at all. Guess just wanted to verify i did flew CX to match the stamp on fast pass
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by HarryKUK

IATA standards on 2D boarding passes even mandate a field for 'fast track' lane...
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Not according to the purser who said too many people trying to mooch out of J due to status, mom is sick, I am the ambassador to Fredonia etc.
Don't believe everything an FA tells you

They handed them out on board before we landed my last CX BKK arrival in March. When they handed them out at the gate on an earlier flight, I was told it was because they had forgotten to load them at HKIA.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:45 am

Separate Fastrack Passes No More

Came through BKK this week. They no longer use separate Fastrack passes on arrival or departure. You just show your BP. They've also moved the Fastrack departure area to the middle of the departures hall, much closer to the CX check-in counters. It was the least crowded I've ever seen it yesterday ^
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Came through BKK this week. They no longer use separate Fastrack passes on arrival or departure. You just show your BP. They've also moved the Fastrack departure area to the middle of the departures hall, much closer to the CX check-in counters. It was the least crowded I've ever seen it yesterday ^
I was surprised by this too this week - but what a joy the Fast Track lane was on both out- and in-bound. No wait at all!
Great improvement, if you ask me ^
Sozee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.