Wiki Posts
Search

CX343 HKG-LGW recommended seat in J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
CX343 HKG-LGW recommended seat in J

Hi all I'm due to fly CX HKG to LGW in J in the 359 just seeking advice rear mini cabin is appealing however I have read it suffers from pye traffic using the toiletst any advice appreciated
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Yes, that is my experience with the minicabin. I generally avoid it.

Most important is to avoid row 11, which is almost in the toilet.

I generally go for row 15, but I don't think there's a clear 'winner' seat on the 359.

Further discussion here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ing-guide.html
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Yes, that is my experience with the minicabin. I generally avoid it.

Most important is to avoid row 11, which is almost in the toilet.

I generally go for row 15, but I don't think there's a clear 'winner' seat on the 359.

Further discussion here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ing-guide.html
Thanks actually I'm in 15a
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
15's good - avoid row 11 because of the front loo, avoid rear cabin cos of the foot traffic (or it is a business cabin attached to a less premium cabin, not a business cabin attached to a more premium one like the 77H/77A). So sit in the middle of the cabin --> row 15.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith
15's good - avoid row 11 because of the front loo, avoid rear cabin cos of the foot traffic (or it is a business cabin attached to a less premium cabin, not a business cabin attached to a more premium one like the 77H/77A). So sit in the middle of the cabin --> row 15.
Yeah, I do the same (77P/G or 359/350), row 15, 16 (or 17), depending on what is available during booking. Still somewhat in front of the cabin (useful for the earliest meal services) and away from the front/rear galleys.

For the A or F side, just what is your preference (in principle, the A side does have the more experienced crew, though I think, the difference would be marginal).

If you are a side sleeper, you may want to have your back to the isle, to take care your knees can protrude into the gaps for that.
So sleeping on your left side, use A, sleeping on your right side, use the F side.

Last edited by Cambo; Jan 12, 2019 at 2:21 am Reason: Oeps, wrong 777 type.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:00 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Cambo
Yeah, I do the same (77A or 359/350)
You mean 77G/77P?
But I take 11 D/G on them too. No front toilets, and I get to use the front shelf to put meal trays etc. However I cannot discreetly recline before departure.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith
You mean 77G/77P?
But I take 11 D/G on them too. No front toilets, and I get to use the front shelf to put meal trays etc. However I cannot discreetly recline before departure.
Oops, my bad, still early on the day. I did adjust my posting, thanks.
So, you prefer the first row in J ?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Cambo
Yeah, I do the same (77P/G or 359/350), row 15, 16 (or 17), depending on what is available during booking. Still somewhat in front of the cabin (useful for the earliest meal services) and away from the front/rear galleys.

For the A or F side, just what is your preference (in principle, the A side does have the more experienced crew, though I think, the difference would be marginal).

If you are a side sleeper, you may want to have your back to the isle, to take care your knees can protrude into the gaps for that.
So sleeping on your left side, use A, sleeping on your right side, use the F side.

Never thought of that for a side sleeper. Very helpful tips. Thank you
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all your helpful replies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.