Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Glass in congee and flies - Quality of Wing / Pier F restaurants...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glass in congee and flies - Quality of Wing / Pier F restaurants...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat

Last edited by Cambo; Mar 7, 2019 at 12:57 pm Reason: Bloody forum software not working properly on a handy.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cambo
Did you actually count the flies at each location within, for example, 1 hour ? Did you repeat your investigation to obtain a statistically supported result, or do you just vent your opinion what you think the results should be ?
a subjective observation based on the number of times annoyed by flies vs occurance of hyperventilation due to heat in respective lounge, probably? perhaps you can do something to disprove otherwise
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
It's an open air lounge, flies from all over the terminal can get to the finest dining of the Wing F (and QF too).

What do you want them to do, put up mosquito nets ? Spray insecticides over the delicious food ? To be honest, I think, it's just concept determined, not much to be done about those flies ......
I never noticed the flies hanging out around the desserts until the last change of operator. Even if it might be concept-caused, this wasn't an issue in the past.
And also, if really nothing can be done, they could, at minimum, cover up the food.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I never noticed the flies hanging out around the desserts until the last change of operator. Even if it might be concept-caused, this wasn't an issue in the past.
And also, if really nothing can be done, they could, at minimum, cover up the food.
The airport also started a terminal renovation ? There are probably so many more aspects that changed, that it would be very difficult to blame this on the caterer.

Or maybe it's more attractive food now, or the previous caterer did put insecticides in the food (just joking, of course)

I don't know, the open air concept is just vulnerable to the fly attraction aspects.

Cover up food: Yeah, I think, food should be covered always, not so much for the flies, but for the human consumer, coughing on the food, etc.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
It's an open air lounge, flies from all over the terminal can get to the finest dining of the Wing F (and QF too).

What do you want them to do, put up mosquito nets ? Spray insecticides over the delicious food ? To be honest, I think, it's just concept determined, not much to be done about those flies ......
It’s very simple - they should put covers on top of salads and desserts. I thought after months of flies they would do something so simple? It doesn’t take too much money or effort.
sxc likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by sscywong
For shower I didn't try QF HK shower but I can tell you I tried QF Sydney J lounge shower... And it's quite a distance from CX's offering
For one thing the QF HKG shower I used was larger than some residential flats in HK. Must be at least ~200 sq ft More than twice as large CX shows or 4X SQ SIN showers. Not as well stocked/equipped as CX F shower though.

Anyway the whole feel at QF is spacious, No crowded tables. Buffet food presentation always tidy. Granted I only visited before 6pm and they were always deserted.
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Qantas lounge is also run by Sofitel and has many Filipina staff which helps make the service standard friendlier and higher.
kaka likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.