Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ PE or CX PE?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
My choice would be CX PEY for many reasons. In addition, what you mentioned about the flight Stange length is also an important consideration.

Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
It’s also worth pointing out that the PEY on CX 77W are upgraded with better foot rest and recline than the A330.

As for the A350 PEY on CX, it’s a leading product over SQ hands down.

As for the poster commenting on broken mirror and cracked toilet seat on CX A350, I haven’t come across this but can tell you that some of my recent SQ flights on their A350 hasn’t been that great in terms of cabin maintenance.

All in all, CX PEY is the way to go.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:13 pm

Flew on CX PE. Very comfortable sest and A359 is a very good plane. I would go with CX for REP, u are stuck with silkair. Better go.for cx/ka combination.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: CX GO, Miles&Smiles Elite, Accor Plus Diamond
Flew CX PEY to DEL a week agi, the only difference is the seat. Meal and service exactly the same as EY. Won't pay the extra 40% next time.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
What you get in CX PEY (in the order I value)
1. Much wider seat and much better legroom than CX Economy (especially comparing to the 10-abreast seating) that actually allows me to sleep soundly.
2. Full mileage credit to AAdvantage (1 round trip makes you AA Gold)
3. Business Class entree on long haul flights (it is plated on a reusable plastic container, but the contents is the same as J)
4. Guaranteed cup noodles inflight
5. Semi-dedicated Washroom on 77H

I am curious though why the layover has to be so long in HKG. I thought CX 873 connects onto most morning flights out of HKG pretty well? Is the SGN flight very early?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chentaiman
Flew CX PEY to DEL a week agi, the only difference is the seat. Meal and service exactly the same as EY. Won't pay the extra 40% next time.
As others have mentioned, the PE meal on long haul routes is definitely different than the Y meal. DEL is not a long haul route, so PE gets the same meal as Y.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by THR
A lesson well learned. Paid double the price for negligible improvement.
With 10 abreast seating on the 777 the equation may change.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
whats the price differential?

much easier to make a judgement
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i would not pay more than 25pct pemium for PEY (E fare) compared to V fares... in the past i took PEY when differentials were.smaller but now i just buy I-fare ex somewhere or fly J on other airlines... my leisue trips are.planned well in advance to time with sale of other airlines.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone for the opinions. Still not sure, but may go with CX. Re: the long layover that someone mentioned, it's all about the price! The shorter layover was pricing twice as expensive as the long layover--and my husband is a frugal guy. If I had my way, we'd be in J.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Hard product A350 CX > SQ. Would like to point out that a few times in the last year or two on US-HK, I took a look at the PEY menu and they had my J choices for both meals - officially / according to this forum it should be 1J + 1Y, so not sure about this. CX has slightly different style of service than SQ.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:19 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by PacificSunrise
Hard product A350 CX > SQ. Would like to point out that a few times in the last year or two on US-HK, I took a look at the PEY menu and they had my J choices for both meals - officially / according to this forum it should be 1J + 1Y, so not sure about this. CX has slightly different style of service than SQ.
CX changed the service a while ago so that both meals reflected the J meals. I’m not sure how the new business class meal service affects the PE meals now.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by Globetrottngal
Thanks, everyone for the opinions. Still not sure, but may go with CX. Re: the long layover that someone mentioned, it's all about the price! The shorter layover was pricing twice as expensive as the long layover--and my husband is a frugal guy. If I had my way, we'd be in J.
I would say: Depends who earns (or did earn) the money to be able to be a spender........

If you earn(ed) the money, just pay up and invite your frugal to join you in J.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cambo
I would say: Depends who earns (or did earn) the money to be able to be a spender........

If you earn(ed) the money, just pay up and invite your frugal to join you in J.
Yeah, that would be great, but he earns the moolah, I just like to spend it.
So it looks like we are switching gears (and airlines) and doing PE on EVA. Decent price and I hear good things about the service.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: A3 G CZ S
Originally Posted by Globetrottngal
Yeah, that would be great, but he earns the moolah, I just like to spend it.
So it looks like we are switching gears (and airlines) and doing PE on EVA. Decent price and I hear good things about the service.
Actually have considered Chinese airlines like CZ, CA, MU and HU?
Not sure how it works in your exact date, but some times a small upcharge vs SQ/CX PE can get you in J class on Chinese carriers on trans-pan route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.