Wiki Posts
Search

Quest for Diamond Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Cathay, Hyatt
Quest for Diamond Plus

So after 7months of travel and spending a lot of time away from home / sitting on planes I'm starting to wonder if I will hit Diamond Plus this year. From everything I've read it's all about being in the top 1% of Cathay spenders. Who knows how much they spend and sadly I can't work out exactly how much I spend as it's all done via our company travel team. In terms of how much flying I've done I've flown 100% on Cathay, all mid / long haul in business, I'm up to 3360 club points from 7months of membership. I hear they review the list at the end of the year so time to keep everything crossed and see if Santa delivers anything some time in the near future...
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
3360 in 7 months, mate that is some seriously loyal CX flying! And a large absolute amount too.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
For most seriously elite clubs publicly looking for membership is definitely detrimental to your chances of being invited to join. No idea whether Diamond+ falls into that category though.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by Profpunce
So after 7months of travel and spending a lot of time away from home / sitting on planes.... I'm up to 3360 club points
sorry to hear that.. that's crazy flying.

I would be surprised if you didn't hit DM+ at this pace. Two of my friends that are DM+ are in the 3600 - 4000 CP range.
Profpunce and FlyPointyEnd like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:54 am

So after 7months of travel and spending a lot of time away from home / sitting on planes I'm starting to wonder if I will hit Diamond Plus this year. From everything I've read it's all about being in the top 1% of Cathay spenders. Who knows how much they spend and sadly I can't work out exactly how much I spend as it's all done via our company travel team. In terms of how much flying I've done I've flown 100% on Cathay, all mid / long haul in business, I'm up to 3360 club points from 7months of membership. I hear they review the list at the end of the year so time to keep everything crossed and see if Santa delivers anything some time in the near future...
Originally Posted by christep
For most seriously elite clubs publicly looking for membership is definitely detrimental to your chances of being invited to join. No idea whether Diamond+ falls into that category though.
Doubt it.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
I would be surprised if you didn't hit DM+ at this pace. Two of my friends that are DM+ are in the 3600 - 4000 CP range.
So it takes around HKD 750k to make DM+?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Cathay, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
sorry to hear that.. that's crazy flying.

Thanks JA. Ultimately it will be what it is. But good to know what others have experienced in prior years. Maybe i get lucky in that this year people havent flown as much or maybe i get unlucky and there is 1% of folk who have flown an insane amount which im not even close to! Time will tell
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
On 7 months basis at 30 days a month = 210
Current CP = 3360
CP per day is = 16 CP/Day. literally flying HKG-TPE return on S,N,Q everyday on and you still have 6CP to fly else where.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by christep
Nah, DM+ isn't a social club... it's a loyalty club with only one purpose: entice you to fly more! So you will get it if you qualify, regardless of if you are publicly looking to join.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I thought it was about HK$1.2m+ a year.... of course, having more CP's help.. but I think it's down to the yield you provide CX... Flying 20x full fare RT F to JFK probably will be viewed more favorably than 365 RT to TPE in discount Y...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...d-reduced.html
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
what are the benefits of DM+?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by ermen
what are the benefits of DM+?
From a poster in another thread: You will have a higher chance to be upgraded to business class. As a Diamond member about 50% of my flights have been upgraded from Economy to Business class. I'm flying mostly in private and then at peak seasons. Now when I'm a Diamond plus I assume I will get a upgrade even more often...

Is it worth trying for Diamond Plus?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
From a poster in another thread: You will have a higher chance to be upgraded to business class. As a Diamond member about 50% of my flights have been upgraded from Economy to Business class. I'm flying mostly in private and then at peak seasons. Now when I'm a Diamond plus I assume I will get a upgrade even more often...

Is it worth trying for Diamond Plus?
That thread is referring to Asiana, not CX....
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Thanks JA. Ultimately it will be what it is. But good to know what others have experienced in prior years. Maybe i get lucky in that this year people havent flown as much or maybe i get unlucky and there is 1% of folk who have flown an insane amount which im not even close to! Time will tell
Do you have a rough idea of your annual spend on CX metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.