Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cabin crew thought to pass in flight - She is actually OK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD

My wife and children we’re onboard CX306 landing in HKG this morning.

Sadly a crew member became unwell and passed away shortly before landing.

My my wife said a doctor was called for and three came forward. She said the decent was very steep and fast and assumes they were trying to be met my a medical team in HK, however it appears to have been too late by the time they were on the ground.

While traumatising for passengers this must have been truely devastating for the other crew onboard.

RIP
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
so sad.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Wow....RIP
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:53 pm

RIP
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL/Silver, CX/DM, SPG/Plat
RIP. God bless his/her soul and the family.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
message from crew

forwarded

Help me clarify

Hihi...多謝關心...我冇死度
只係disembark太多人行過我用張被蓋住自己咋🙏🙏🙏

Update and confirm news:everyone no need to cry,the crew did not die.just ambulance met on arrival.maybe she too weak,pax thought she is die
MilesLove likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Thank god shes ok.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sought clarification with the Flight Attendants Union: "The crew was feeling really sick during landing - really weak and pain all over her body. After seeing the doctor, she is fine now".

Originally Posted by CS300
message from crew

forwarded

Help me clarify

Hihi...多謝關心...我冇死度
只係disembark太多人行過我用張被蓋住自己咋🙏🙏🙏

Update and confirm news:everyone no need to cry,the crew did not die.just ambulance met on arrival.maybe she too weak,pax thought she is die
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
More and more to come with more A350s, new JCL service and inhumane 4-day patterns.
royng likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:39 am

This a relief... --- we should change the title of the thread
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
Sought clarification with the Flight Attendants Union: "The crew was feeling really sick during landing - really weak and pain all over her body. After seeing the doctor, she is fine now".
I have passed this news on to my wife who has been devastated all day. She finds it difficult to take in though as she said the ‘body’ was slumped covered with a blanket in 1D when they exited the aircraft. Also, what puts doubt in her mind is that passengers exited the aircraft first and there was no sign of an ambulance.

She’s extremely upset today, as I have been. It’s only been a day since I travelled with CX from LHR, the crew on that flight as well as all our other CX flights have been fantastic.

I can’t see any reason why the Union would try to cover a situation like this up, I just need to convince my wife now. I hope the crew member continues to improve and gets back to full health very soon.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
This a relief... --- we should change the title of the thread
Changed now. Nice that she is okay.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
More and more to come with more A350s, new JCL service and inhumane 4-day patterns.
out of curiosity why do you say a 4 day pattern is inhumane? Jetlag? Almost every airline in the world operates to destinations short and long haul with only a 24 hour stay, Emirates being the prime example! Also I could be mistaken but don’t the pilots at CX always only stay everywhere 24 hours? If they do it then it must be legal and safe, I believe the theory is that the less time spent away from ones home base the less likely it is one will suffer jet lag and the quicker you can return to base and recover!
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
To be fair other carriers only have 20-24hr layovers....so i guess while shorter that what they used to have on CX, its not really that far from other carriers.

Surprised that the flight crew on some routes only have 24hr layovers. Actually they also operate 3 sectors a day while most cabin crew do turn arounds (with the exception of those flying via TPE, some do 3 sectors too)
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Thanks for the update. I was waiting for local media to give some more details but it never came - this explains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.