Wiki Posts
Search

SEA-USM help.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Alaska, BA
SEA-USM help.

HI All, I have 65k citi thank you points and I'm trying to get two people to USM late Jan or early Feb. I'm having trouble understanding how to book with Asia Miles. I was thinking a connection in Hong Kong would be the quickest but the website isn't really easy to navigate and I'm having trouble reading the award charts if it included Bangkok Air.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seahome
HI All, I have 65k citi thank you points and I'm trying to get two people to USM late Jan or early Feb. I'm having trouble understanding how to book with Asia Miles. I was thinking a connection in Hong Kong would be the quickest but the website isn't really easy to navigate and I'm having trouble reading the award charts if it included Bangkok Air.
Is CX Asiamiles a partner of your citi card?
Are you a CX Asimiles member now?

Route map--->Great Circle Mapper

Bangkok Airways https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok_Airways
USM airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samui_Airport

An award flight to Asia and then a cash paid ticket to USM may be the way to go.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Is CX Asiamiles a partner of your citi card?
Are you a CX Asimiles member now?

An award flight to Asia and then a cash paid ticket to USM may be the way to go.
I am an Asia Miles member, when I look up how many miles it usually shows 30k but when I click through its over 40K. The Cash tickets from HKG to USM are almost as much as a cash ticket SEA to BKK.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
What about redeeming SEA-BKK? There are many flights on PG between BKK & USM and prices are reasonable.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Deleted
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:01 pm

I tried. You can go to “Redeem Now”; then select “Multi-city”; then try “SEA-HKG” for one leg and “HKG-USM” for the second. i see that economy is from 47k. Then looks like you need to fill out a form and a rep will contact you.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
What about redeeming SEA-BKK? There are many flights on PG between BKK & USM and prices are reasonable.
With PG, you have to be very careful. They do have a habit of planning a lot of flights spread over the whole day and in the end, cancelling one or more of the daytime flights. I more than once got stuck at BKK for 8-10 hours, due to this habit. And they even refuse to book you on an earlier flight (unless paying a hefty ticket change fee) and only move you on later flights, or (once) on an alternative carrier. For the return leg onto a LH, I had to book very early PG flights to not miss my LH connection. More then once, I got moved to a later flight.

And once they stopped luggage check-through on separate PNR's I stopped using PG all together ......

Last edited by Cambo; Nov 10, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by seahome
PG cannot be booked online. You need to call AM.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cambo
And once they stopped luggage check-through on separate PNR's I stopped using PG all together ......
That makes it rather difficult to get to USM, since PG owns the airport. The only other meaningful option is MI via SIN.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Is it possible to get two people to BKK for 65k AM?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That makes it rather difficult to get to USM, since PG owns the airport. The only other meaningful option is MI via SIN.
Actually, my destination is not Samui, those bounty island aren't my party.

Independent who "owns" the local shop, PG does have the dreaded habit of opportunistic scheduling flights and subsequently cancelling on the day of the flight. I even have my doubts, whether they do have enough aircraft to fly all their scheduled flights.......
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Actually, my destination is not Samui, those bounty island aren't my party.
The OP is asking about getting to USM, so your personal digressions have zero relevance here.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The OP is asking about getting to USM, so your personal digressions have zero relevance here.
PG habits "might" be independent of the destination. When PG cancels bounty island inbound flights, OP arrives late.

When the corresponding outbound flights get cancelled, OP might miss their connecting LH in BKK with significantly more impact. As such, my warning message to keep that in mind, when booking a PG flight. No more, no less.
seahome likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:42 pm

PG habits "might" be independent of the destination. When PG cancels bounty island inbound flights, OP arrives late.
What's bounty island, just out of curiosity?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by moondog
What's bounty island, just out of curiosity?
Koh Samui

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.