Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

No SNQ fares available online and in TAs despite wide open in GDS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Hello folks,

Just trying to book an ex-AU ticket and noticed pretty much all markets from AU to HKG has SNQ fares unbookable both on CX’s site and through TAs (FC). The TA mentioned that has been the case for the past week or so. Just wondering if anyone has any idea as to what’s happening? GDS is showing everything wide open with Y9 and evrything 9+ all the way down to O9 Don’t wanna jump to the V fare but don’t wanna take the O either TIA
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Which GDS are you using? Was the Y9...O9 of POS AU? When are you traveling? Perhaps they haven't loaded the fare yet, especially after the change in CAD surcharge policy (my wild guess).
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Which GDS are you using? Was the Y9...O9 of POS AU? When are you traveling? Perhaps they haven't loaded the fare yet, especially after the change in CAD surcharge policy (my wild guess).
Expert Flyer to be exact and yes that was with POS AU. Not really sure the implications with CAD surcharge policy, wasn't it supposed to be implemented in Nov 1? It's weird cause using a promo code can actually bring the fares out, just not without it neither can the TAs see it.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Just because there is a bucket, doesn't mean there is necessarily a corresponding fare filed (yet).
fakecd and royng like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Just because there is a bucket, doesn't mean there is necessarily a corresponding fare filed (yet).
That is correct. The new CAD policy on precharge will have implications especially on fares where surcharge accounts for a big part of the cost. In addition, years ago, some airlines published heavily discounted fares as short as 90 days in advance. Having a booking class available does not mean that fares are available, and a passenger cannot book until fare is available through the corresponding channel.
fakecd likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:55 am

I don't think it's about the CAD policy though, since the policy only affect ex-HKG fare. You are already required to pay fuel surcharge for ex-AU and many others right now if permitted by local authorities.

Add: current level is USD 83.6/ flight sector
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...-November.html

Last edited by patrickw; Oct 5, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.