Search

Award Booking LHR-HKG-AKL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC SL
Award Booking LHR-HKG-AKL

Hello,

I am looking to book a F/J award for LHR-xHKG-AKL.

However, as of now, I only see F available LHR-HKG but not J for HKG-AKL. Will I be able to issue a ticket with the first sector confirmed (and fly it first) while second sector still waitlisted? My date for HKG-AKL is very flexible and can be as far out as a year...

And let's say I manage to find award space for a random date for HKG-AKL very far out, I can just pay $25 online rebooking fee to rebook the second sector even after the first sector is flown?

Or what if I get a PY award for HKG-AKL and switch to J when it opens up after the first sector is flown? Is that possible?

Sorry im a newbie in redeeming asia miles......

Thank you!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
1. Issue confirmed LHR-HKG and continue to waitlist HKG-AKL -> I think yes?
2. Add HKG-AKL if it confirms -> yes but it's a reissue (fees 10K AM/100USD) -> the ticket needs to be totally unused i.e. cannot after first sector flown
3. Issue confirmed LHR-HKG and random date HKG-AKL:
a. change time within same cabin (PEY for PEY, J for J): yes, is rebooking (fees 1K AM/25USD online / 4K AM/40USD else incl. if you cannot do it online for any reason), can fly first sector
b. change time and cabin (e.g. PEY to J): it's also a reissue (fees 10K AM/US100) -> the ticket needs to be totally unused i.e. cannot after first sector flown
4. Award tickets cannot be further upgraded without reissue
5. Mixed class LHR-HKG F + HKG-AKL J should require about 106K AM for standard reward per new mixed class calculation method
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Thank you! What is the best way to book?

I tried calling 27473333 but it is impossible to get through.... Does it work if I go to the in town booking office to book?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
MPC/AM hotline, or try the social media team (CX FB inbox) or email; if in Hong Kong, you can try HKIA service desk, less sure about the TST ticket office as I only tried revenue booking there.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by imnewhere
Thank you! What is the best way to book?

I tried calling 27473333 but it is impossible to get through.... Does it work if I go to the in town booking office to book?
Asia Miles number is actually 27473838, but it is also impossible to get through. MPC members can call MPC number 27475500.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

I tried MPC but they directed me to the 3838 number which i had to hang up after waiting for an hour for the Chinese line.... and that was 2am in the morning in HK..

Then I called again picking English. Call was picked up within seconds.... and very professional agent.

Unfortunately, I couldnt find any J space for HKG-AKL the full schedule so I settled with F+PY for 93k miles LHR-HKG-AKL.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by imnewhere
I tried MPC but they directed me to the 3838 number which i had to hang up after waiting for an hour for the Chinese line.... and that was 2am in the morning in HK..

Then I called again picking English. Call was picked up within seconds.... and very professional agent.

Unfortunately, I couldnt find any J space for HKG-AKL the full schedule so I settled with F+PY for 93k miles LHR-HKG-AKL.
You are a MPC member. They should not have directed you to the AM number.

F+PY needs 100000+40000 = 140000 each way.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
You are a MPC member. They should not have directed you to the AM number.

F+PY needs 100000+40000 = 140000 each way.
It's under one ticket, so new mixed-cabin pricing is used. 93,000 is right.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:15 am
Original Poster

I ended up booking myself in F on CX250.

How should I maximize the F experience on the ground and onboard? Is there another flight i should try to switch into if it opens up? I heard CX250 is London-based crew and service might be worse?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.