Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Club Points for Japan Airlines I fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM

I see from the MPC website that business class buckets JCDX on JL earn (the same) CPs

Earlier this year I think, JL has (re)introduced the I class farebucket, which is priced between D and X.

Does anyone know if this I class fare bucket can also earn CPs? I have written into MPC to ask but no replies yet.

(I am asking for international flights.)

Thanks !
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold
In my experience, if the booking class is not on the website, there is no credit. This happened to me before when QR's R class was not on the list.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Bought a "Super Travel Fair" ticket earlier this year, MNL-NRT-JFK, Biz Class, USD2296 round trip. The JAL lady took my CX MPO details and remarked she was "not sure you would earn miles for this super low business class fare..." Ticket was one-way "I" return "X" class. Traveled last month Aug. Result: X class credited with miles/club points as expected, I class = nothing. FYI. YMMV.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Felix Felicis
Bought a "Super Travel Fair" ticket earlier this year, MNL-NRT-JFK, Biz Class, USD2296 round trip. The JAL lady took my CX MPO details and remarked she was "not sure you would earn miles for this super low business class fare..." Ticket was one-way "I" return "X" class. Traveled last month Aug. Result: X class credited with miles/club points as expected, I class = nothing. FYI. YMMV.
Something worth writing to MPO to see if they will update the JL chart.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I is a heavily discounted business class fare on JAL In JAL's own program it only earns 70% of mileage, or the same a a mid range economy ticket So it may well be intentional from CX that there are no earnings.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:28 pm

"I" class ticket cannot earn any MPC CPs, but "X" class can. I had the same experience before.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM
Thank you all. From JMB's website, it's clear that I earns the least and so, it's very possible CX made a deliberate decision to exclude I.

(I was given misinformation that I was priced between D and X, which led to my question.)
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:12 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Originally Posted by Flaps30
"I" class ticket cannot earn any MPC CPs, but "X" class can. I had the same experience before.
Even for 'X' Class, if it is marketed by JL but operated by another OW carrier AND it is a domestic flight (regardless of country), MPC won't give anything too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.