Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG departing gate information ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

HKG departing gate information ?

I am traveling ord/hkg.cgk departing ord on 9/17. Have about a 4 hour layover connecting to flgt. 753. Can anyone give an approximate gate # for the flight. Trying to figure which lounge is closest as I have a four hour layover and the flight leaves khg @00:20.

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by jmj9905
I am traveling ord/hkg.cgk departing ord on 9/17. Have about a 4 hour layover connecting to flgt. 753. Can anyone give an approximate gate # for the flight. Trying to figure which lounge is closest as I have a four hour layover and the flight leaves khg @00:20.

Thanks
The gate will be assigned pretty randomly. It's not possible to forecast.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

I was afraid of that. Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:08 pm

You have four hours, so a good time to do lounge hopping.....
osotoc likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: MPCGO
I suggest you download the HKIA My Flight app. It can allow you to track a specific arriving and departing flight and will give you notifications on gate assignments and gate changes as it becomes available. When you land in HKG, there is free wifi all over the terminal, so staying connected is no issue.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:36 am

Going by past data, anywhere between Gates 30 and 70!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. It's not that critical.. Some have the information on their web sites when click on the flight status link..CX does not.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Thanks all. It's not that critical.. Some have the information on their web sites when click on the flight status link..CX does not.
If you need lounge info, you can find at HKIA site: Airline Lounges, Airport Facilities & Services - Hong Kong International Airport. There is map at the bottom of that page too.

As far as gate arrival/departure information, they won't have any when you depart ORD. They usually display the arrival & connecting flight information before landing. I haven't flown CX in a while until about two weeks ago. I was sleeping before landing so I wasn't sure if that was still displayed.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks cxfan 1960. I am well familiar with the lounges. Just trying to figure out which one is closest to our departed gate.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Thanks cxfan 1960. I am well familiar with the lounges. Just trying to figure out which one is closest to our departed gate.
Unfortunately you won't know the departure gate information until close to arrival in HKG the earliest. As your inbound flight arrives 4 hours before outbound flight, departure gate information may not necessarily be available even when you land.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: MPCGO
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
If you need lounge info, you can find at HKIA site: Airline Lounges, Airport Facilities & Services - Hong Kong International Airport. There is map at the bottom of that page too.

As far as gate arrival/departure information, they won't have any when you depart ORD. They usually display the arrival & connecting flight information before landing. I haven't flown CX in a while until about two weeks ago. I was sleeping before landing so I wasn't sure if that was still displayed.
The connecting gate information is still displayed, but not all the gates are available, especially for those with long connections. Also, there appears to be numerous gate changes of late, hence my dependence on the app...
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

cxfan1960 and mbamejia thanks for the additional information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.