Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Waitlisted award J ticket - switch dates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Hi, I'm currently waitlisted for an award J ticket for JFK-HKG in mid December, which was booked before the increase in award ticket costs in June. I now have to change my dates to earlier, and in fact the dates that I'm interested in have award availability. If I switch, will I be able to preserve the lower cost or do I have to pay the new higher rate? Thank you very much in advance.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:21 pm

If you have to change your dates, does it matter whether the new tickets cost more? If you're worried about MPC ripping you off, then just ask for clarification.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Either way u still have to redeem at new rates. Tickets issued after June 22 are issued at new rates - you were only waitlisted before then, no actual tickets were issued,
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Hijacking this thread as I am in a similar situation to OP.

In my case, I managed to redeem SIN-HKG-JFK/EWR-HKG-SIN at the old lower return rate of 145k a pop; this is a confirmed and ticketed reservation. If I wanted to change the return sectors so that we would fly out of JFK instead of EWR, could I do that without any extra cost in either fees or miles? I am currently waitlisted on one such flight ex-JFK on a different reservation, and there is also outright availability for redemption on JFK-HKG-SIN one day after my current departure date.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chromie25
Either way u still have to redeem at new rates. Tickets issued after June 22 are issued at new rates - you were only waitlisted before then, no actual tickets were issued,
Ahh understood. Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Hijacking this thread as I am in a similar situation to OP.

In my case, I managed to redeem SIN-HKG-JFK/EWR-HKG-SIN at the old lower return rate of 145k a pop; this is a confirmed and ticketed reservation. If I wanted to change the return sectors so that we would fly out of JFK instead of EWR, could I do that without any extra cost in either fees or miles? I am currently waitlisted on one such flight ex-JFK on a different reservation, and there is also outright availability for redemption on JFK-HKG-SIN one day after my current departure date.
If you can change it online, then it cost you 1000miles or $25USD, but I think CX system does not Recognize EWR and JFK are both New York City in the system, so you may have to call Asia miles/Macro Polo Club to change for you, and it would cost more which is 4000 miles or $40 USD
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:33 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by cyster2007

If you can change it online, then it cost you 1000miles or $25USD, but I think CX system does not Recognize EWR and JFK are both New York City in the system, so you may have to call Asia miles/Macro Polo Club to change for you, and it would cost more which is 4000 miles or $40 USD
i will be surprised if am doesn't call ewr-->jfk a reissue and demand not only us$100/10,000am but also reprice the tix

hnd-->nrt will certainly be a reissue
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by percysmith

i will be surprised if am doesn't call ewr-->jfk a reissue and demand not only us$100/10,000am but also reprice the tix

hnd-->nrt will certainly be a reissue
you may be probably right, because my award ticket is HKG>EWR then JFK>HKG, and I only change the date for JFK, sorry if I provided the wrong information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.