Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX kicked me off

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:36 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Actually I seem to have been rebutted - a BNO holder was denied visa-free entry, and turned back.

Originally Posted by blandy62
I guess BNO is a totally different story. Most immigration officers don't know what it is or even don't notice the difference with a "real British " passpirt
There's also the same confusion about BNOs being able to get Vietnam evisas like British Citizens https://iammrsveggie.com/2017/09/11/bno-vietnam-evisa/ last year but not this year
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Can't BNO get VOA for Indonesia if cant go in visa free?

as an aside really wonder what use BNO passport is good for though...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: asia miles
Originally Posted by ermen
Can't BNO get VOA for Indonesia if cant go in visa free?

bNO is just a "travel document" for those the Brits left over. Nothing more. Just my 2 cents. If someone has a better definition feel free...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Second passport to leave a foreign country in case your HKSAR get pickpocketed.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Second passport to leave a foreign country in case your HKSAR get pickpocketed.
Witch it will eventually... So will end up with two "useless " passport unless u can buy a third one that will give you something.. . And where can you leave with you bNO anyway?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:53 am

And where can you leave with you bNO anyway?
We had a case over the summer where someone's HKSAR Passport was pickpocketed in London, took two days to obtain a China Travel Deocument (which is emergency passport for HKSAR passport holders) and lost his F seat. Had to redeem another PE seat later.

If he had his BNO on him, we argued he could've attempted to exit on his BNO and HKSAR loss police report.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Bno? So that the queen would sort you out in case of another tsunami in japan, and if u use the chn passport thats under the name of hksar, the prc embassy would extort you.
so besides the so-called travel document, you do get consular service w a bno
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:58 am
Suspended

Witch it will eventually... So will end up with two "useless " passport unless u can buy a third one that will give you something.. . And where can you leave with you bNO anyway?
soon you can only immigrate if ur migration visa is hooked to bno- with hksar a CHN passport (check it, its actually a chn passport like the red ones), it would be useless soon.

bno is more useful, witchcraft aside
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by kaka

soon you can only immigrate if ur migration visa is hooked to bno- with hksar a CHN passport (check it, its actually a chn passport like the red ones), it would be useless soon.

bno is more useful, witchcraft aside
Yes hksar is like a China passport . But it don't give you the Chinese citizenship means you are nobody. bNO doesn't give you any citizenship either. Tell me why it is more useful then... Anyways can you pass the bNO to you child?

Last edited by blandy62; Aug 15, 2018 at 10:24 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Well speaking of this if I book AA to HKG on one way from SFO and HKG to SFO but have us passport would this be allowed? Do I need to print both passes out just in case?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Well speaking of this if I book AA to HKG on one way from SFO and HKG to SFO but have us passport would this be allowed? Do I need to print both passes out just in case?
As long as you have a printout of your ticket HKG SFO to show if asked there is no problem
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:25 pm

Yes hksar is like a China passport . But it don't give you the Chinese citizenship means you are nobody. bNO doesn't give you any citizenship either. Tell me why it is more useful then... Anyways can you pass the bNO to you child?
?? To have an HKSAR passport, you have to be a Chinese citizen, born or naturalised.

And no. The BNO is a travel document and obviously cannot be passed to a child because there's nothing to "pass".
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
?? To have an HKSAR passport, you have to be a Chinese citizen, born or naturalised.

And no. The BNO is a travel document and obviously cannot be passed to a child because there's nothing to "pass".
Correct me if I am wrong here because I might be. Having a HKSAR passport mean you are a Chinese National but are you a Chinese citizen?

Exactly BNO is just a travel document. But the original point was if this travel document gives you the same right as British citizen when it come to visa...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Correct me if I am wrong here because I might be. Having a HKSAR passport mean you are a Chinese National but are you a Chinese citizen?
There is no legal term "Chinese citizen" (公民) in Chinese nationality law. There is only one legal term and that's "national" (國民), i.e. one who has "nationality" (國籍).

A Chinese national with mainland household registration is eligible for a Chinese passport. A Chinese national with Hong Kong/Macau permanent residency is eligible for a HKSAR/MSAR passport. A Chinese national with Taiwan household registration is not entitled to any PRC passport--only Taibaozheng and Travel Permit. Both sides have laws preventing establishing registration on the other side without losing the original one, but having HK/M residency is a gray area for Taiwanese.

Beside passports and documents, many civil "rights" in PRC and ROC are derived not only from nationality, but mainly on residency/hukou registration.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:56 pm
Suspended

why? because one takes consular responsibility (without citizenship) and one rips you off if you go to the consulate (regardless if you're a citizen or a national or whatever you call it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.