Wiki Posts
Search

Stroller in cabin

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Question Stroller in cabin

https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Cortina-Travel-System-Iron/dp/B01DPH4DMK

Is seat going to get into the cabin as cabin luggage for a seatless infant, or only if by discretion of the cabin staff (available storage space)? It collapses, but its not tiny or small. CX doesnt really specify this beyond 'umbrella style' stroller on their website.

cheers
Old May 28, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Typically, they'll allow a small stroller (Pockit and Yoyo are the two popular HK cabin-carry strollers) but I'm not sure how much that seat collapses (or if you've had experience whether it will fit into the overhead bin). If you know it will fit, then it would be fine to carry as a cabin luggage (they may still eyeball it at check-in and refuse if they don't think it will fit - when we first got our collapsible stroller, we had to demonstrate how small it would be before they would let us not check it).
Old May 28, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold OWE
In my experience CX staff are very brand conscious. We have flown with our Yoyo+ probably 20 times on CX and most of the time whether at check-in or gate they will take a close look at the stroller. As soon as they see that it is a Yoyo, they say it's fine ("Oh Yoyo's are ok") and most of the time we fold it up right at the jet door. If they don't know the brand then be prepared for a demonstration and an argument. But worse case (I think) is having it gate-checked so it is not the end of the world. But I must say it makes a big difference to not have to wait for the rest of the passengers to deplane before making your way to immigration, etc., especially if seated in J.

Of course YMMV at out ports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.