Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free lounge entry to nurses in HKG

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Free lounge entry to nurses in HKG

From 12 May to 30 November 2018, registered or enrolled nurses holding a valid HK Nursing Council practicing certificate can enter the Pier (business class side only), Deck or Bridge.

Can bring one friend too. Both must be flying CX or KA.

Why is CX doing this? Lounges too empty?

Last edited by Psychiatrist; May 10, 2018 at 11:17 am Reason: add link to Facebook page
Old May 10, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Any source if you don't mind sharing? It's quite a random targeted promotion, although I think most nurses are too busy to do much travel anyways.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by watery
It's quite a random targeted promotion, although I think most nurses are too busy to do much travel anyways.
This is PR 101 - run a promotion which makes everyone go "Cathay is so caring, supporting people who everybody supports" when actually it costs you the square root of bugger all.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by watery
Any source if you don't mind sharing? It's quite a random targeted promotion, although I think most nurses are too busy to do much travel anyways.
I have the internal email sent to "Lounge Supervisor Group".

Many Hospital Authority nurses have 20+ days of annual leave per year. Some are always traveling according to what I see on my Facebook ...
Old May 10, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
I have the internal email sent to "Lounge Supervisor Group".

Many Hospital Authority nurses have 20+ days of annual leave per year. Some are always traveling according to what I see on my Facebook ...
Pier F is still good right?
Old May 10, 2018, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cysyuen
Pier F is still good right?
Free entry is only to the J lounges.

Why CX is doing this - I have no clue.
Aren't the lounges crowded enough already?
And why can they bring a friend? That's like giving them MPC Gold status in terms of lounge access.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
On crowding- perhaps the culling has left the lounges ‘lighter’?

This might sound racist- so, apologies, - potentially a long term marketing ploy for a market that supplies a significant percentage of the world’s Nurses (generally, very well appreciated ones, if I may).

That aside- I think that this is a reasonably smart move. Doesn’t cost much, doesn’t dilute things much, decent PR potential , and in unlikely circumstances, something worth a lot.

hat-tip to LH, a group that i dont like, for their doctor onboard program - esp the indemnity bit, that probably costs a lot lesser, relatively, at a group level than a doctor’s personal level
Rami Tamimi likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Aren't the lounges crowded enough already?
So Wing J which is always the most packed is excluded

As to why.... Probably this can increase the chance of having a nurse on board in case of emergency (absolutely wild guess)
kaka likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sscywong
So Wing J which is always the most packed is excluded

As to why.... Probably this can increase the chance of having a nurse on board in case of emergency (absolutely wild guess)
I thought in case of emergency, they only asked if there were any doctors on board....
Old May 11, 2018, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
They start by asking for doctors. If they don't find any then they expand the request to "nurses or anyone with any medical training" I believe.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:50 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
https://news.cathaypacific.com/catha...s-in-hong-kong
Old May 12, 2018, 9:52 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by christep
They start by asking for doctors. If they don't find any then they expand the request to "nurses or anyone with any medical training" I believe.
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I thought in case of emergency, they only asked if there were any doctors on board....
Maybe CX is planning ahead for 10-abreast incidents (cardiac, asphyxiation, assault...)*

*just kidding. I support the move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.