Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge in CMB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Lounge in CMB

What lounge does CX use for its departing passengers out of CMB? Is it worth getting to the airport early for?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
What lounge does CX use for its departing passengers out of CMB? Is it worth getting to the airport early for?
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/CMB/-1, but CX website seems to indicate that there's another one for Emeralds: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_....html?switch=Y
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Check out the link ernestnywang included above for Emeralds. I think this says it all:

--> "Additional features" highlighted of the lovely Lotus First Class Lounge (Airside): "Washroom"

This is the second amazing benefit at the Lotus Lounge, listed under the "Exclusive Lounge Features" headline, so you can "take advantage of all the benefits at this airport lounge." The first one is "Productivity: Workstations". Lol
ernestnywang and Isochronous like this.

Last edited by QRC3288; Apr 11, 2018 at 8:34 am Reason: originally I was more blunt....
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:12 am

Is it worth getting to the airport early for?
NO! Lounges (and the whole airport) in CMB are not worth spending a moment more than required. They're not horrific but...
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CXYYZ
NO! Lounges (and the whole airport) in CMB are not worth spending a moment more than required. They're not horrific but...
Even the Srilankan Airways lounges?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green

Even the Srilankan Airways lounges?
Yes. Even you are flying Business Class and talked your way into UL Serendib Lounge (supposedly to be the best lounge in CMB), the lounge is still plain and not worth arriving early for.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: CX DM
You're better off enjoying a nice dinner and a couple of drinks in Colombo or Negombo before heading out to the airport.

I was in the Lotus "1st class" lounge on Saturday night and it was pretty much full and not all that comfortable to relax before our slightly delayed flight was ready for boarding. It seemed to have a reasonable quantity of food there but no idea if it's edible.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

I flew EY out of CMB. The lounge that EY used was terrible. I asssume the EK one is the best.

Funniest part of the trip was when you go thru security at the gate, a bunch of military members started scrambling around and calling supervisors. They pulled this guy and his bag aside, and brought out 5 huge bricks of what appeared to be a white substance. When they looked at him quizzically, he just shrugged and said “it’s coconut!” (It was)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottie80
You're better off enjoying a nice dinner and a couple of drinks in Colombo or Negombo before heading out to the airport.

I was in the Lotus "1st class" lounge on Saturday night and it was pretty much full and not all that comfortable to relax before our slightly delayed flight was ready for boarding. It seemed to have a reasonable quantity of food there but no idea if it's edible.
The only problem about CMB is the customs is truly terrible to go through, both coming in and going out. I never know how much time is needed to arrive before hand in order to catch your flight out of CMB.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I flew out of CMB this past Sunday and was given an invitation to the Lotus Lounge. I walked in and was already planning my escape. Unfortunately, the only escape was the Serendib Lounge.. Which is arguably the better lounge. Furniture is slightly more comfortable, the food is basically the same with more of a desert selection and overall presentation is better and fresher looking. Bar has a wider choice of liquor including a midlevel champagne Piper if memory serves. No Lounge in CMB can compare to some of the better 1W lounges around the globe but Serendib is where you should head to. In my case they weren't that eagar to let me in trying to steer me to the Lotus Lounge but they relented pretty quickly.

As others have mentioned elsewhere it is a little surprising to see the lounge being used by Pilots in uniform and many other staff members not in uniform.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Lounges and airport are really poor.
Waiting time at police can be quite long.
If you travel hand luggage and print your boarding pass, you might (probably will) be turned down at security and requested to get a BP printed at the check-in counter.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

How much time do people usually arrive at Colombo airport when they take Cathay?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
How much time do people usually arrive at Colombo airport when they take Cathay?
Speaking for myself, I got there at 10:30 for the 12:40 departure.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Check in opens three hours before the flight. Some days are busier than others....

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Are there other flights that are departing around the same time the Cathay Pacific flight is departing? I’m just trying to determine whether or not customs to get OUT of Colombo with a 00:40 departure will be crowded since I’d like to spend the least amount of time at CMB possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.