Search

Lounge Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Lounge Etiquette

Think some of us should print this out and show to that xxx when he/she is talking loudly on the phone !

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...etiquette.html

• Please ensure your attire and conduct is consistent with a professional environment, and refrain from causing offence or disturbing fellow passengers.
  • To keep noise levels to a minimum, please wear headphones when using personal devices, set your mobile ringer to vibrate, and keep conversations low.
  • Parents are requested to monitor the behaviour of their children, and to discourage any shouting, running or jumping on the furniture....
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
I have given up. The Pier J, when it opened was like a zoo and is still is at times.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
I have given up. The Pier J, when it opened was like a zoo and is still is at times.
I don't think the Pier J is that bad though... I've always felt the Wing J is a lot more like a night market.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:48 am

If time allows, the bridge and the pier being furthest from immigration tend to be quieter and worth the journey to escape the masses!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
i didnt know there was this etiquette guide
in future i will print multiple copies and give to those offenders
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Speaking of etiquette. I was going to Pier J deep inside area where there are beds for people to rest quietly? WRONG. There's a family of 8 (4 grand parents, 2 parents, 2 children) that was talking loudly in the area with sofas and big soft cushion stands.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Speaking of etiquette. I was going to Pier J deep inside area where there are beds for people to rest quietly? WRONG. There's a family of 8 (4 grand parents, 2 parents, 2 children) that was talking loudly in the area with sofas and big soft cushion stands.
I must've been there at the same time as you (or most likely a re-occuring event). When I was trying to get some rest you could easily hear them talking, plus all the way on the otherside, there was some one (not associated with this group) watching something on their smartphone with volume on full blast.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Still sounds way more tolerable than the average Admirals Club.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ermen
i didnt know there was this etiquette guide
in future i will print multiple copies and give to those offenders
Why should you do it?

In fact - CX should give this out to every lounge visitor to ensure they understand these.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Why should you do it?

In fact - CX should give this out to every lounge visitor to ensure they understand these.
go through and lounge etiquette course before entering. And one must hv a refreshing course every year
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by somemale
I must've been there at the same time as you (or most likely a re-occuring event). When I was trying to get some rest you could easily hear them talking, plus all the way on the otherside, there was some one (not associated with this group) watching something on their smartphone with volume on full blast.
it reoccurs on a daily basis.

Happens to me everytime I visit the Pier J, unfortunately. The exception I’ve seen are during late night departures at around 10 or just before the lounge closes a bit after midnight.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Why should you do it?

That actually is a pretty good idea, really. Especially if they print them on those transit guide envelopes.

Better yet, they could put up subtle little signs on the tables in the lounge.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Do you think that those who are prone to this behaviour will read these and change their behaviour?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Do you think that those who are prone to this behaviour will read these and change their behaviour?
Not necessarily, although it should help that there are explicitly written rules that suggest against such behaviour. Some people just don't bother because there aren't signs explicitly telling them not to do so.

I wouldn't say this would work like magic, but it could definitely help a bit.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I'm assuming that most of those commenting on this thread don't live in Hong Kong. You are not talking about the Pier or the Wing or any lounge. You are talking about the behaviour of (if you are lucky) a HK local and if you are unlucky, a Mainland chinese person / family. And those expats who have been here so long we forget what normal behaviour is like!

HK is noise. It just is. And yes, I hate it too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.