https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-the-deck-lounge-hong-kong-airport
Print Wikipost

The Deck - opens 22 March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:08 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jacobsleather

Kuala Lumpur
it’s still a Cathay Pacific Lounge though CX no longer operates HKG-KUL vv.

Moreover, the two brands are being unified under a single name and logo... which makes the logo a very important aspect of the lounges and aircrafts. I’d imagine there being more emphasis to the logo than the text at the lounge entrances as it is more inclusive of KA.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Poor Dragonair....
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

Kuala Lumpur
we’re veering OT here, but when did they change the KUL lounge to KA branding rather than CX’s? Was still CX when I went there in early January.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Was there two days ago and tried the shower room. The toilet was not flushed! After taking the shower, I dried myself. At first it seems the towels are really fluffy, but I soon realise that it is leaving cotton fibres all over me. I reported both to the lounge front desk, but beware. Also, I think the Sodexo staff are a lot slower in general.

Kuala Lumpur
Even the KHH lounge is now called "Cathay Pacific Lounge," which doesn't even make much sense to me.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Was there two days ago and tried the shower room. The toilet was not flushed! After taking the shower, I dried myself. At first it seems the towels are really fluffy, but I soon realise that it is leaving cotton fibres all over me. I reported both to the lounge front desk, but beware. Also, I think the Sodexo staff are a lot slower in general.

Even the KHH lounge is now called "Cathay Pacific Lounge," which doesn't even make much sense to me.
So no more "Dragons"..... The chinese name for KA is still Cathay Dragon Airlines....
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:59 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I'm not a fan of the background music at the deck : /
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I'm not a fan of the background music at the deck : /
Same here...

Visited the lounge and was unimpressed, felt it was very busy (likely due to proximity with security/passport check). I much prefer the Pier, quite a stretch to get there but much more relaxed atmosphere.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: CX Gold
Was there yesterday afternoon, and I agree it’s quite busy.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
At first it seems the towels are really fluffy, but I soon realise that it is leaving cotton fibres all over me.
New towels do this.

I have been looking forward to this lounge but it’s disappointing to hear comments about it being quite busy. I wonder how QF lounge would compare at the same times.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:45 pm

I was there last Thur afternoon. The background music was noisy, and it was very crowded. Maybe it was due to the pre-Easter rush but seems it has been busy generally. Overall, I was not impressed (maybe I had a high expectation going there). Agreed, the Pier is much better.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:57 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I was not impressed with my quick visit here last week although I have full understanding of the limited footprint for this lounge. My veteran +1 with regular enclaves comparable to mine (or even further i.e. LHR T5 CCR) was literally about to drag me out just 10 minutes or so after our arrival.

The Sodexo-ed noodles (tried two varieties) were similar if not worse to offerings by PPL/Pen.

It's a shame that outlets were lacking at the terrace portion although that might mean easy movement of furniture for (whatever function that requires) large empty spaces.

Lockers really rock tho. If I had a layover/some time to chill at HKG but want to stay at the lower gates, I don't need to hike to Pier J anymore to store my bags. If only Wing F/Pier F have them as well......
dmatthew likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
F lounges have luggage storage facilities, is it that you only feel comfortable with lockers?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: MPC Gold
Was at this lounge a few days ago. Agree with most comments that it can get quite busy but for the most part, I was able to find a seat with my wife and relax. I believe it gets busy due to the smaller footprint when compared to The Wing or The Pier.

Noodle bar and food options are similar -- nothing spectacular but nothing terrible either (at least for me).

Overall I rate The Pier the best CX lounge but I wouldn't mind staying at The Deck if the gate for my flight is near this lounge.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:23 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Been on Thursday. Lack of bar is enough reason for the Missus to back me out...
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: MPC Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Been on Thursday. Lack of bar is enough reason for the Missus to back me out...
Haha noticed the same thing as well but was there very early in the morning so wasn't too keen for a drink :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.