Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

The Pier first class lounge temperature

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA

Is it just me or has the temperature control in the Pier first class lounge gone wonky? I tried sitting in my favourite seat at the windows in the bar lounge and after a while got really cold. I asked the staff if they could warm it up and the lady said "oh, it is automatic, if you need to warm up go and get a blanket!".

I have since moved to the room next door which is much warmer.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Not just you. It is really bizarre. As soon as you move 3 metres away into the section where the magazines are it warms up dramatically.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:56 am

Also find it too cold to sit in the bar room, and always end up in the adjacent one. That said, I don't mind it; coming out of the showers where the fans now just seem to never work anymore I am usually too warm anyway so don't mind the coldness to cool down a bit. Given how warm some people are I don't think they mind either.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: CX DM
I noticed long ago, it's even colder in the daybed area. They used to provide F blanket in the Pier FCL, that usually helped, but now downgraded to the cheap short-haul J blanket.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by fredx
I noticed long ago, it's even colder in the daybed area. They used to provide F blanket in the Pier FCL, that usually helped, but now downgraded to the cheap short-haul J blanket.
thats why i always ask for 3. and the size of the blanket also annoying, just cant fit in
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I find that the good temperature nonetheless. Outside is too warm
Rami Tamimi likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:13 pm

Is The Pier,the best F lounge for CX at HKG?
What about the other F lounge?

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
I noticed this on Wednesday but in the Pier Business Lounge, had to fish a jumper out of my luggage as it was so cold and saw several folks sitting around with outside coats on!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Is The Pier,the best F lounge for CX at HKG?
What about the other F lounge?

Thanks!
There's only 1 other CX F lounge, which is The Wing. It is inferior to The Pier, unless locationwise if you are departing from gates <23, 2xx or 5xx.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:13 pm

Thank u!
Will try for Pier then!

Originally Posted by gpia
There's only 1 other CX F lounge, which is The Wing. It is inferior to The Pier, unless locationwise if you are departing from gates <23, 2xx or 5xx.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by Lussac
I noticed this on Wednesday but in the Pier Business Lounge, had to fish a jumper out of my luggage as it was so cold and saw several folks sitting around with outside coats on!
Always better to be too cold than too warm. Fortunately I very rarely find that to be the case in the HKG lounges. On board, different story...
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I like the new settings, because now you have zones with different temperatures, works really well if you ask me. If you are cold sit somewhere else.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I like the new settings, because now you have zones with different temperatures, works really well if you ask me. If you are cold sit somewhere else.
+ 1 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.