Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay wrinkled my coat!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I think theres actually a rule against passengers stowing their coats by themselves. I mean the the closet is accessible to everybody and a coat is lost in the process the airline will be held accountable which of course they do not want. Hence I'm guessing that only cabin crew may stow items inside closets for the security of the items stowed inside.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It’s so funny what kids get up to these days!
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I think theres actually a rule against passengers stowing their coats by themselves. I mean the the closet is accessible to everybody and a coat is lost in the process the airline will be held accountable which of course they do not want. Hence I'm guessing that only cabin crew may stow items inside closets for the security of the items stowed inside.
I don't know if there is or isn't a rule, but personally I don't want another passenger shoving my coat to the side, because he feels his is more important.

BTW, this is a very "entitled" DYKWIA. I just loved the comment about the airline not only knows who,he is, but also knows who his parents are!

edited to add. He also wrote, " That's not the issues at hand, the issue is ignoring customer requests. That's not how any corporation in the hospitality industry should operate."

Maybe its just me, but I always thought airlines were in the transportation business.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: MPO DM; PenClub; Netjets;
Note: this was the personal closet in F

Also, I fail to see how this is an entitled DYKWIA incident. Not once did I approach the cabin crew with disrespect or tell them who I am. I'm only bringing the incident up here. In fact, I requested to do so myself yet they insisted on hanging it for me.

So my question is, what's with their ignoring customers' requests?
Cupart likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:17 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tuhao888
Note: this was the personal closet in F
The one next to the seat? If you were so concerned, why didn't you check how it was placed immediately after the FA walked away?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
The one next to the seat? If you were so concerned, why didn't you check how it was placed immediately after the FA walked away?
They stuffed the duvet bag in afterwards and it was dark at that point

Also, why are we still addressing the jacket? It's a moot point.

Don't any of you see the issues with ignoring requests as well as any serious incidents that may have occurred because of such actions?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:19 am

What? The F closet that is literally arms length from your seat? And why would it be dark on boarding, which is when you would be putting things in there?

'Dont feed the trolls' springs to mind.
windchaser777 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1010101
What? The F closet that is literally arms length from your seat? And why would it be dark on boarding, which is when you would be putting things in there?

'Dont feed the trolls' springs to mind.
Maybe that's why I can do it myself?

Of course it's not dark during boarding. Also, when have you seen them load your closet with the bag of duvet? I certainly haven't.

No, I did not check during boarding nor did I check mid flight (thoroughly). I noticed it upon disembarkment. I'm only guessing it was when they put the duvet bag back in because that's when the door was opened. Another plausible cause would perhaps if it somehow got caught on the hanger.

Anyhow, CX already offered to have it pressed nonetheless; generous but unnecessary service recovery. I just told them they need to improve their listening comprehension skills, that's all.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Both times my last flight, the FA hung up my jacket. Outbound it was fine, since she put it in the empty closet behind my seat. However the inbound, even after my bag was stuffed into the closet, I made sure to repack. I also made sure to check every time after the closet was opened, and my jacket's just a Saville Row job. It's not that difficult to look after items that are seemingly important to you.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
CX F? you cannot reach it? ha ha ha.
as we say in discuss.com.hk, please redo your homework on a 0 mark effort.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:35 am

Don't any of you see the issues with ignoring requests as well as any serious incidents that may have occurred because of such actions?
I certainly do. When you ask for something reasonable as a first class passenger they should absolutely listen to you and not challenge your request. It was a legal and ethical request, therefore they should comply and not argue. Period.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Also, why are we still addressing the jacket? It's a moot point.
Because that was the entirety of your first post!

I told the purser I can help myself when he said he could hang it in the closet for me. Long story short, he insisted to do so and after the flight, I noticed that there was a large wrinkle on it. Quite upset as it was a brand new limited run piece from Loro Piana.
Really? A serious incident? There is a saying that goes along the lines of 'if you can't afford the maintenance, maybe you shouldn't buy a Rolls-Royce'. There was someone on a different forum who moaned about how his precious LV bag was scratched by a weird rearrangement action in the overhead bin. Meh, it's a bag...if you freak out over a few battle scars, maybe you should stick to nylon.
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:06 pm

I don't find the poster's view unduly entitled. They are presumably paying for a premium service and that is what they are due.
Perhaps the legacy of this thread will be the introduction of a new subset of DYKWIA for the children of the Asian elite - DYKWMPA.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Could not reply because of the 5 posts per 24 hours for me.

In essence, the major issue addressed here was not the fact that my coat was wrinkled (it was for a short while but that can be remedied), but the fact that the crew members are ignoring remarks and the desires of customers. I told them, no thank you, I will hang it myself yet they insisted to handle it for me. For starters, this time it was a wrinkle, what if the next time it's someone with allergies asking if a certain ingredient is in a meal and they reply negative when it's not true? The key here is the fact that customers were ignored and that could have serious, detrimental results.

To the people who mentioned this was bait; absolutely it was. Yes, my jacket was wrinkled and I deliberately make the heading like this and it worked out, it's on the trending pages. Had I written "Cabin crew ignored my request" would it have garnered the same attention? I don't think so. Also, a friend from CX reached out and offered to have the jacket pressed but I kindly refused, a nice gesture nonetheless.

To address various points brought up previously:

1) Yes, the coat would also be wrinkled if you try to sit with it in; that's why I avoid doing so with it not to mention of the lack of manners while doing so

2) I have flown CA numerous times and to be honest, they listen to my requests. Other than their lounges, I don't have much to comment about them

3) My handle: yes I know it may be provocative and could be offensive to some but I chose this name when I was upset at what was being mentioned in the thread with lounge access. Should anyone have any issues with it, I would be more than happen to send in a request to have it modified if anyone finds it inappropriate or offensive.

4) The Challenger 350 unfortunately does not fly to London so that was not an option.

5) I suggested to the previous OP in the aircraft swapping post because private aviation would be the only option in his option to ensure an aircraft guarantee essentially minus maintenance. In his case, it is something that could've been remedied on his end. For this case however, it was an issue with the cabin crew.

6) They do know who I am and more so my parents. Hence that's the reason to which I believe I received more services when it is not expected nor necessary nor the norm.

7) My parents were not farmers fyi.

8) Also, my friends never had an issue with requesting to hang their coats themselves in the closet by the seat nor have I had any issues in the past.

9) Why do posts here with genuine concerns always get ignored yet only those with more provocative headings (ie this one) with an underlying meaning tend to get all the action? In this case, why weren't the actual concerns (ie communication with customers in the future) brought up to a healthy discussion? I thought this is a board where members help others and the company to address any underlying issues, not result in personal jabs and remarks.

As mentioned before, the main concern here as previously stated was not the fact my coat was wrinkled, it is the fact that my requests were ignored and how this could result in something much more serious in other incidents.
Perhaps "Fu Er Dai" might be a better handle for you, in light of 3 and 6?

Also, might I suggest learning the difference between exempli gratia and id est?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Perhaps the legacy of this thread will be the introduction of a new subset of DYKWIA for the children of the Asian elite - DYKWMPA.
DYKWMPA is too unwieldy. "My Dad is Li Gang" is much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.