Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Any chance of a same day change on CX (125 ticket)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any chance of a same day change on CX (125 ticket)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
This is true, but a lot of them are incredibly busy and often oversold so sometimes it can do them a favour if you offer to move. In this case they will be amenable so yes do ask... but expect a no. There's a few nice enough coffee places in TPE if you need to hang around a while.
OP is on CX531 and that is exactly what I said
Indeed, spending some time in Taipei looks more attractive than spending hours at HKG with no lounge access. But the current short connection is a risk/stress that I would try to avoid.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

We've actually had some success this year getting on earlier HKG flights at TPE. I travel on 125 plated flexible tickets whereas my HK based colleague usually has a CX issued restricted ticket but we've both been rebooked at the check-in desk without any quibbles
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:34 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by brunos
OP is on CX531 and that is exactly what I said
Indeed, spending some time in Taipei looks more attractive than spending hours at HKG with no lounge access. But the current short connection is a risk/stress that I would try to avoid.
​​​​​​​Got that covered

​​​​​​​S
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero
We've actually had some success this year getting on earlier HKG flights at TPE. I travel on 125 plated flexible tickets whereas my HK based colleague usually has a CX issued restricted ticket but we've both been rebooked at the check-in desk without any quibbles
I will definitely give it a go. I just wondered whether I should OLCI, as I obviously have the connection to BA32 as well.

Originally Posted by Saltire74

Got that covered

​​​​​​​S
Thank you! I have been very fortunate to have had lounge access for the last nine years (obviously not nearly as many as most round here), so this makes a big difference. On my outbound, I got to HKG and thought "well, where do I go now?!" This is my first trip passing through HKG, and having heard so much about the lounges over the years, and having managed operations for my past employer to Hong Kong, it was gutting that I wouldn't have access once I finally made it there.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Nuster
The best tactic is to check in, go in to the horrendous lounge and let them know you are ready to go. Has always worked for me.At checkin they may check fare but once in lounge it's about getting you gone.

The new TPE lounge (well, 2-yr old now) is extremely nice IMHO. Why is it horrendous?

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Unfortunately I lost my lounge access at the end of October and am on an M fare for that sector, so will just have to give it a go at check-in.
In case your BA flight is in F or J (including upgrade by miles), you are eligible for lounge access at TPE, too.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Nuster
The best tactic is to check in, go in to the horrendous lounge and let them know you are ready to go. Has always worked for me.At checkin they may check fare but once in lounge it's about getting you gone.
This would be a hustle if you have checked in luggage. Might work in the event with only carry-on. YMMV.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by ernestnywang

The new TPE lounge (well, 2-yr old now) is extremely nice IMHO. Why is it horrendous?

In case your BA flight is in F or J (including upgrade by miles), you are eligible for lounge access at TPE, too.
Originally Posted by jerrywu
You are of course correct. I would prefer it to CCR. Sorry if my irony was too obscure.

This would be a hustle if you have checked in luggage. Might work in the event with only carry-on. YMMV.
Yes indeed.A carry on strategy only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.