Wiki Posts
Search

LAX connection

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
LAX connection

I am arriving on a Delta flight at 1:00 pm. I flying CX883 (10:20 pm) that same day. My wife doesn't know I am that flight. I was originally leaving a few days later. Anyway I will have bags to check. I don't want to lug them around in a cab or Uber and I don't want to go to hotel where my wife is staying as I want to surprise her. Any suggestions as to what to do> It seems I won't be able to check my bags until 6:20.

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Unless your wife is in the lobby, you could drop your bags at her hotel at the bell desk and she would be none the wiser.

Other option is check everything and leave them to get collected by Delta left luggage. Probably best to ask if that is a viable option in the DL forum. Your question has nothing to do with CX since they have nothing to do with your problem, you would have the same problem if it was some other airline. The problem has nothing to do with what airline you’re flying after you get to LAX.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
If DL is willing to interline, then problem solved.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by garykung
If DL is willing to interline, then problem solved.
DL will not, unfortunately. Delta Confirms Through-Check Baggage Policy (11 January 2016)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.